Author Topic: battery compartment rust protection ??  (Read 3302 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
battery compartment rust protection ??
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:59:35 am »
hi,
 ive got a white g and ive taken the battery out the compartment looks it be in ok ish condition but was wondering what can be done it prevent rust theres not very much in there at the moment but i dont want any forming and the g is white so using stuff like waxoil i wanted to avoid really unless thats the only way ??

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
Re: battery compartment rust protection ??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:18:52 pm »
If theres no rust at the moment then it depends on how far you want to take it. I would be tempted to clean it out really well, make sure there is nothing blocking the drainage holes down into the wing and give it a good painting. That will give it a good protective coating.

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:35:18 pm »
well mine is white and has no rust at all. What I've been doing for the last 3-4 years is at least once a year take the battery out, clean any dirt out and leaves and re apply clear waxoyl all over the battery tray. then i refit the battery and re-apply down the sides..  so far it's remained perfect. Also get yourself under the dash and check for rust forming there, underneath the battery tray and around its seams.  I think the key is keeping it clean and ensuring the batery isn't leaking and that water cannot be trapped.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 08:25:42 pm »
clear waxoil thats perfect cheers man ill get right on it :)