Author Topic: Water in boot  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Water in boot
« on: September 08, 2009, 01:43:59 am »
After some rain last night, i noticed that my jumper in the boot was very wet and guessed i have a leak. Anyone had a similar problem or know what could cause this?

The boot seal does look ok.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: Water in boot
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:55:46 pm »
I shall do that with the hose pipe. It seems to come from the left corner so i will keep an eye out around the light. Cheers!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:20:09 am »
Found where it is coming from. It is coming from the left hand side of the boot, will take a pic to show where i mean. Hopefully get the bumper off and i will see something, like a hole??? Some silicone should fill up the hole.

Offline SpikeyG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 03:18:32 pm »
I have a leak in my boot but i'm pretty convinced its the bee sting arieal.  Its certainly seen better days.   Got the repair kit, but it looks like a right 'mare of a job to change.   peeling back the roof lining round the boot is going to be the first issue.  I made a start but the stuff has gone really brittle.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 03:27:25 pm »
you can often pick the base washer apart from the top and then put the new washer in boiling water and fit from the top!

Offline projectg40

• Members
  • i need a bigger garage!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:32 pm »
iv had the same problem with the arial . i picked the old washer away and then bottled out pulling the roof lining back,  but i will try the hot water washer method !! great  help  cheers peteg40 ( hope it works ) :P

Offline SpikeyG40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 12:35:20 pm »
Thats good advise! Thanks, i think i'lll give it a go.

Is there not another small o-ring further down that might need changing?   I've done one on a mk4 polo before and seem to remember another o-ring.  That was a peice of piss to do on that though.

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10:47 pm »
Anyone got the part number for the repair kit?

cant find it on etka!

Thanks!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »
Off came the bumper and could see a slight split of where possibly the weld had slighty come apart i beleive. Put some black silicone along it, then it rained all friday night but in the morning no water in boot.