Author Topic: Quality Engineered Products (QEP - Cat Cams)  (Read 17446 times)

Offline genesisGT

• Members
Re: Quality Engineered Products (QEP - Cat Cams)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 07:15:59 pm »
Glad you posted this!!!

I looked at my pulley ( bought in march and still not fitted as my Gs in bits) and it didnt have the woodruff key either, so emailed them yesterday and they are sending one out today.

Have to admit there service was rapid on purchase and they have been helpfull when i asked wheres my woodruff key 6 months later, so i cant complain about them (as long as it appears!)

was Matt i delt with seemed ok and didnt fight about it.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 09:29:09 am »
hope that you get it through but i wouldnt hold your breath. I got my pulley super quick, from ordering it to my door. Then it took 2 months of phoning up regularly for them to finally give my mate some poor excuss for a pin to fit in the hole when he was up there, however it was too wide to fit! They are all monkeys - seriously!!

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 07:09:50 pm »
i have emailed them one for mine too as it never came with one, if nothing ill just make one.

Offline genesisGT

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »
recived the woodruff key but i agree its rather shitty. will get one made to fit i think.

Offline The Duck

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:29 pm »
Gotta say I'm happy with QEP, thier service and delivery times. The adjustable pulley they sent over is spot on. Sounds like some of you were not that impressed.
At least they get things right some of the time.
I have to say the pulley is very well made too.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 11:37:22 pm »
i also had probelms with them i waited two weeks didnt receive anything they said they forgot to put my order in !! sent it out arrived a week later and mine has some sort of key in there doesnt look like nick's though it only looks like half a key shouldnt it go all the way around ??

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 12:10:12 am »
That doesn't look as though it will do anything, is any bit of it sticking out to engage in the keyway on the cam?

I seem to have avoided all these issues, bought mine 2nd hand from 6n G40, arrived in a couple of days in great condition with a little tapered key that fits real nice! ;D The key was not supplied by QEP.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 06:17:56 am »
It doesn't realy locate it at all no, dnt know why they put it in there at all really !

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 02:05:36 pm »
^^ WTF!!?? What is that going to do?? lol quality engineered product that dowel is... ::)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 04:40:07 pm »
Yea I know and the worse bit about it is there's no way I can get it out of there !! I'm going to have to try and quality engineer myself something that will fit against it , as judging by the hassle they give every one else doubt it's worth even try to getthis sorted !!!

Offline Puncharado

• Members
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »
Yea I know and the worse bit about it is there's no way I can get it out of there !! I'm going to have to try and quality engineer myself something that will fit against it

If that dowel doesn't locate in the cam then nothing will locate against it - it looks like it pretty much matches the shape of the pulley. Have you got access to taps? Drill and tap a small hole, screw a bolt in, grip the bolt with pliers and pull! Maybe worth putting a few drops of release fluid or thin oil around it and leaving it for a while first. If you haven't got taps you could try a self tapping screw. Tricky though, as it's so small.

You'll need a longer dowel with a taper to match the keyway.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 06:14:22 pm »
Yea I can tap a hole in it and put a bolt init and maybe pull it out, not the point realy should of been correct when I bought them, but thanks for the tip I'll give it a go what dowel is ment to go in there just a normal round one ?
   I rung qep and told them they said they would send me a new pulley to send it back to them so I'm going to have a go at that first as when I buy something new for good money it should fit properley and I shouldn't be have to mess around with it to make it fit !

Offline Puncharado

• Members
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 06:53:48 pm »
The ideal would be to start with a square bar, one end turned to fit the pulley and the other tapered to fit the cam! But in reality a longer round one with the taper to match will be OK. I would post a pic of mine, but my old camera is shite with close ups.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 07:09:47 pm »
The key way in my camshaft isn't just square though it's like half a woodruff key like quater of a circle with the flat end of what would be a woodruff key facing toward the pulley . I'll post a pic later, I have got a lath and a mill I can use at work but if I pay hood money I don't wanna be spending more time making it fit, the bloke at qep hasn't emailed me back yet though . Thanks for the help though puncharado