Author Topic: Saloon G40  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Phil

• Members
Saloon G40
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:56:53 pm »
Spent a lot of time and money on this, but the turbo is nearly done and I'm still being winged at for having too many cars! So its got to go really. Comes with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax.

The bodywork is about as mint as your going to get without a paint job I’d say, one or 2 tiny parking dings, bit of rust on the front wing and the rests mint. The arches have been professionally rolled by Arch Enemy, a choice of wheels is available and none should rub!

The interior has G40 front seats and doorcards, and saloon rear seats at the moment, I was going to get the saloon seats retrimmed in the g40 cloth to finish it off. Can come with audioscape doorpods.

The suspension has the G40 steering damper, and 2 spanking new G40 lower arms. Its been lowered on a KW 60/40 springs and shocks kit and has the g ladersiete front arb blocks. Currently sitting on 14" BBS RA wheels, powdercoated in shadow chrome with 185/50/14 yokos.

Brakes are G40 spec with new green stuff pads, ATE discs, braided hoses and fluid.

The engine came from a 100k car, good strong engine, the gearbox is a genuine G40 ATV box with 58k colour coded in Capri green. The charger will be fully rebuilt and will need running in before any hard driving! It has a 65mm 5pk belt conversion, so the chargers quiet, and belts don’t slip. Before fitting the engine, I had all engine and charger mounts powdercoated, gave the lump a paint and lots of new parts

Headgasket
TB gaskets
Inlet manifold gasket
Exhaust manifold gaskets
Sump gasket
Camshaft oil seal
Cambelt
Water pump
All rubber o rings
G60 injectors
Injector clips
Clutch
Plugs
Leads
Dizzy cap
Rotor arm
Coil
5 pk pulley conversion
Lambda probe
Oil pressure senders
Header tank
G60 front left engine mount, new VW rear and a poly front
Most nuts and bolts replaced with stainless
Charger oil feed
Banjo bolts
Silicone hoses
All jubilees

It should be running about just over the 150bhp mark with the following mods to the engine….

Freshly rebuilt Lader
65mm 5pk belt conversion
G60 injectors
GT inlet manifold
SNS map
Dewedged throttle body
4 branch stainless manifold modified to a 2.25” outlet
Custom stainless 2.25” exhaust

After £3200ono as above with the BBS RAs above or Compomotive MOs and 185/50/14 A539s.

Or £3500ono on PLS hockenheims (7+7.5") or Revolution modular 4 spoke with black centers (8J et20)

Cars located in Surrey.

Offline Phil

• Members
Re: Saloon G40
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:10 am »
Sold