Author Topic: my g40 opinions suggestions welcome especial ones that make me go faster!  (Read 5358 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
hi all,
    i am reasonably new to g40's bought my car about 6 months ago have done a few bits and pieces let me know what you think, its running about 150 bhp at the moment wich im ok with untill the end of the year when im going to take it of the road and try and get about 170-180 bhp out of it, but at the moment its my daily driver and i love it any suggestions and oppinions welcome!

engine spec:
Pitstop Developments Full Blend Charger
• Standalone supercharger oil supply
• Boost re-circ pipe and oil breather system removed, oil catch tank fitted
• Polished inlet manifold
• Flowed and polished throttle body
• Pitstop Developments Toothed Charger Pulley and Chip Conversion
• Mocal Oil Cooler
• K&N induction kit
• Powerflow 2.25 custom-built stainless steel exhaust with VW decat pipe
It has also been lowered on kw variant 2's with 15" rh AD-Cuprad with the arches rolled it has some rust on the wings but i have two new wing to fit when it comes of the road at the end of the year, along with a ppp subframe and some other mods hopfully.

Its got the cheaper audi 14 door handles painted black full g40 interior badgless grill front and rear splitters of a golf mk2 cl and a wolfburg edtion rear badge , inside its got a stealth shelf hiding sum 60w rms 6x9's powered by a kenwood amp.

i will be at the vw audi track day at castle comb wiltshire if any wants a closer look at my car and agood day out check out my post in the shows and meets section hope u enjoy :)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
ahh steve millo's old car!

Looking good as ever.

I think a GT inlet manifold would be the next thing, when you say it's got a polished one, do you just mean the outside of it or has it been ported or something?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
i think just the outside has been polished its nice and shiney !! is it a hard job to change it to a gt inlet manifold ? when people say thay  have had a gt inlet manifold portred is that something ican do at work theres plenty of cnc machines mills and lethes at work what exactly gets ported could i maybe obtain a gt inlet manifold port it and polish the ouside then fit it ??

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
polishing the outside doesn't do anything performance wise, only makes it look nice.

When people say they have a GT inlet manifold it means they have taken the inlet manifold from a Polo GT and fitted it.  It has larger bore runners so flows more air, the standard g40 one is a bit restrictive.  It's not hard to do no.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
ok how could i tell if theres a gt inlet manifold fitted or just a standard g40 one?? can u get the bore increased even more of a gt inlet manifold if so where can i get this done should i just take it to a machine shop?

Offline DMWG40

• Members
ahh steve millo's old car!

Looking good as ever.

I think a GT inlet manifold would be the next thing, when you say it's got a polished one, do you just mean the outside of it or has it been ported or something?

i was thinking is that millos old car

Offline DMWG40

• Members
here is a g40 manifold with part number on i think

or larger image here

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo182/dmwjeep/g40manifold.jpg
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:36:14 pm by DMWG40 »

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
cheers ill have a look thanks

Offline G40motorsport

• Members
Too get that kind of power you will be looking at a big valve ported head & cam, 4 branch and then a suitable map to go with it all standard injectors will prob be ok around 170 but over that you will be looking at different injectors, you will also need a larger intercooler.

You could also look into a capacity increase.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
those where all the mods i am going to run at the end of the year when it comes of the road i was going to add some g60 injectors , big valve head, new cams , 4 branch and all with a custom map . as for the intercooler if i used methanol injection can i still run the standard cooler is it better just to run a larger front mount ?

Offline G40motorsport

• Members
I use a larger custom intercooler fits in the standard location looks almost identical to the standard unit.