Author Topic: Polo on ebay with 37000  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Polo on ebay with 37000
« on: May 12, 2008, 02:11:03 am »
riedberger

Group: Members
Today, 12:42 AM
Hi Chaps, I bid on the G40 on ebay with only 37000 miles with a bid of £1500. I was instantly outbid & emailed the guy to see how much it may go for thinking i could at a push stretch to £2300 (wanted one for years & only now getting near to affording a decent one) He replied with - Sorry mate, had offers close to 4K. Bidding ended but i think that the reserve wasn`t met, it reached £2K. A day later i received a Second chance offer of Buy it now, set at £1500. I mailed the guy again asking how come close to 4K is now buy it now £1500. I sent my mobile number and asked him for a contact number so i could ring him to sort it all out. Nothing at all was received and after a few days i started to get suspicious and forwarded all info to ebay who the replied with DO NOT BID, with a brief description of fraudulent listing. Ebay wiped out the SECOND CHANCE OFFER But havn`t removed the old add wich if you were watching in My ebay is still there to see. Needless to say Fella`s that i`m glad i did`nt win the first bid and even more glad that i didn`t do the second chance offer. But i believe a few did, how Gutting would that be if like me you want your first G40. Regards, Fred.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Polo on ebay with 37000
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:22:39 am »
that was a close one!  Do you have a link to the auction?

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: Re: Polo on ebay with 37000
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:30:48 pm »
Hi Fella, Link is below. I even did a Vehicle check but that was a waste of £6.99p. Don`t know if anybody knows the seller. For all i know there could be a genuine exscuse for what happened but i`ve not heard owt else. Regards, Fred.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160233993070

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: Re: Re: Polo on ebay with 37000
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:09:38 am »
Hi again, Matters not anyway. Theres 5 G40`s on ebay at mo and i recon i have enough money to buy a decent ish car now having saved a couple of grand. Check out the candy red conversion, it was a standard coupe polo and to be fair looks very well. I`ve yesterday learn`t that a joiner friend has worked at a little old lady`s house some 3 miles from me and she has a gun metal grey G40 and has had it from new. She rarely uses it and its kept in a garage and apparantly mint. I`m going to call at her house tomorrow night after work to have a chat. She will be offered a fair price if it can be for sale. I`ll put me name on it if nowt else. I used to work at a local Lift company some ten year ago and the old forman had a red mk2 golf 8v, E-reg. It used to impress me with how well it went. That was the start of vw bug for me. However money was tight wot wi house an all so i ended up with a 1ltr cl classic polo F-reg. It had 80,000 mile and i put another 80,000 on it and pretty much did 80 on most journey`s. I still have it but its probably gonna go for scrap. I loved that little car and now have a (Fucked in a tick) Fiat Marea Weekend SX100 estate, it was cheap as chips at £500 with only 42k on it & now has 74k. But its a pileoshite and a chap local wants to give me £350 for it and i can`t wait. Back then i quickly learn`t of the G40 and have wanted one ever since, just never been able to afford one till now. I know my old polo inside out. and used to do everything myself including rebuilding the engine not long after i got it coz the bits were like £30 for a set of rings, £30 for the big end shells & £30 for the main bearings & roughly the same for the gasket set. My best subject at school was motor vehicle tho i ended up a plumber and later a sheetmetal welder fabricator so most of it comes naturally to me. It would be nice to get sorted and start coming to some of the vw meets, i believe theres one very soon possibly in wales tho i`m not sure. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me. Take care all, Regards, Fred.

Offline G40_FUNK

• Members
  • Chris
Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo on ebay with 37000
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:42:27 pm »
A G40 with just over 160k miles went on ebay a few days ago for £1040.  Seems like ebay is flooded with them at the moment.

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo on ebay with 37000
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:53:05 pm »
Yeah there is. I`m currently watching 5 G40`s. I do like the standard coupe conversion thats metallic burgandy red. Still! whatever i buy will end up better for it.