Author Topic: Cant decide G-werks or Jabba ?  (Read 8855 times)

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
Cant decide G-werks or Jabba ?
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:57:09 am »
Mine has only done about 1000 miles since german company Mch Motorsport did a rebuild and im really happy with it but i have not idea what spec as it was a couple of years ago, and was thinking of have more porting done but companys keep telling me they olny do it with a full rebuild but i dont know who to try , last time i tried a new company psd i got basically bummed...

Cheers Jake

Offline g40chris

• Members
Re: Cant decide G-werks or Jabba ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 02:28:12 pm »
well myself i have never dealt with jabba sport, but heard mixed reviews so i cannot comment on them

when i used PSD i always found them helpful and always done what i asked for but aint around anymore

g-werks used to work in the same building as PSD as a sister company iirc but mainly consentrate on G60's but darren is great and very good at what he does

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:34:11 pm »
that makes me even more warery if they used to be part of psd

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:36:56 pm »
why not ask on dubforce.  Its where a lot of the g60 boys are

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »
they have never been anything to do with PSD other than being in the same complex of units as PSD used to be.  Steve & Darren are (or at least were, not sure if they still talk or not) friends. It's not fair to base any opinion of G-Werks on anything that happened at PSD as they are two completely different companies ran by different people and with different people doing all the work.  

I've not heard a bad word about G-Werks really, that's who my money would go to.  

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 02:50:45 pm »
I have, they done mikes lader, and Darren put some washer on the wrong way round, starved a bearing of oil and it collapsed.... 1k later, after a new bearing (fitted by mike) It blew the oil seals.

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 04:11:52 pm »
my bad, i used to think they helped each other out as hey were both working on my car a few years ago

Offline sinister polo

• Members
  • drive it like u stole it
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 04:12:04 pm »
i had my charger serviced by g-werks not to long ago and they did a great job,
you will probably hear bad reviews of any company over a period of time,
have to say iv heard more bad things about jabba than g-werks tho!

with g-werks u get 6 month warranty if the chrger is sent to them and
12 month warranty if they remove it frome the car and re-install it themselves.

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 04:25:11 pm »
Funny that, Darren wouldnt honour mine and charged me when the oil seals blew in 200 miles. I had a lader done, sold it to someone and they blew the oil seals again while running it in. 3 laders. ::)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:32:18 pm »
general rule of thumb.  Laders are like women  ;) they can be noisy but generally work well, be quiet then erupt at any minute or just be nice all the time.  There often is no rhyme or reason to it!

Quite often seals go on rebuild... hence running them in

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:37:54 pm »
my bad, i used to think they helped each other out as hey were both working on my car a few years ago

yes they did help each other out and were friends (and possibly still are) but it's not fair to assume that because PSD went tits up that g-werks will be anything like them.

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 05:36:50 pm »
i agree

Offline Dan

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52:37 pm »
I would think that companies are reluctant to offer you a ported only charger for the reasons that you have to pull them apart and porting creates lots of swarf that finds itself everywhere. You need to fully strip them and clinically cleam them before re-assembling them.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 07:24:29 pm »
Always had good things to say about Darren- know lots of people that have good service from him too.

Aside from Phil's problems I've not actually heard of him doing a bad rebuild as such, to be fair I've not heard many stories of bad Jabbasport rebuilds either.

G-Werks will give a good service and will honour warrantys providing you follow thier instructions, give Darren/Rob a ring I'm sure they'd happily talk you through it.

PSD and G-Werks have always been seperate entities, it was only in their younger business years they shared a unit.

Offline G40motorsport

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 03:21:19 pm »
Go to Jabba, never had a problem yet.