Author Topic: Clonk, clonk  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Clonk, clonk
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 10:03:42 pm »
the noise could be the strut hitting the brake line mounting, did it on mine so i took a big hammer to it.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 10:33:13 pm »
Surprisingly, very good. Even on the knackered old Spax suspension the car gripped really hard, it's really composed with the new stuff. I do need/want a subframe though, and with the stiff front springs it'll be an absolute animal.

Not that it isn't already mind, it's a real hoot to drive! I got a good country road run yesterday and it just hangs onto the road. Can't wait to get it cornerweighted and get it out on track!

We had a snapper in today so I got him to shoot the car for the coverage, which isn't going in for a couple of issues anyway. I shouldn't really show this before it's been in print, but I couldn't resist putting it online anyway so what the hey. This is a small site anyway.

What's interesting is, I was absolutely battering around the roundabout but it looks really composed and quite undramatic. But you can see I'm getting foldage on the near side front tyre...

Check out my 'serious motoring journalist face'  :D

Looking good there mate. will be intersting to see how much the subframe will help once you get one on there. How you finding the Quaife diff?

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 11:08:52 pm »
Absolutely awesome, and Quaife are a pleasure to deal with too. :)

I'm loving the coilovers, and they're a well worthwhile buy too, but I reckon you'd make a G40 into a decent B-road weapon with a diff and, say, some basic H&R shocks and springs.

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 05:57:48 pm »
Superb chassis spec. there Alex.
With a subframe/wishbone added to the Gaz coilovers and Quaife diff it'll really be quite something.