Author Topic: trialing another engine loom?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
trialing another engine loom?
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:24:29 pm »
is it possible if i get another g40 engine loom...dizzy, lambda, fuel rail etc from the ecu connector block, to just loosly plug the lot in on top of the engine to test it on start up?  need to see wether mine has a hidden gremlin but is there anything obstructive that would stop me easily unplugging all my plugs and plugging another loom in without unravelling mine and rerouting another one?  ive done lots of diagnostics with a meter but something is still up and am convinced its in the wiring.

thanks... Should of put this in electrics.... Sorry
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:25:22 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: trialing another engine loom?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:40:14 am »
can't see an issue.
When i get time i shall be pulling the lovely nice loom from my g40 and repairing 4 part g40 looms I have.

on this I shall test resistance and post up a chart.  May be some time from now though!

Pete

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 05:55:58 pm »
i have a loom you could borrow which i know works perfectly

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:14:39 am »
I might take you up on that robin if you don't mind! Just theengine loom section with the blue temp sensor attached? I'll have thecar running on Wednesday next week and I've been messing so if it hasn't been sorted next week I'll be in touch... If I trial it and it is that I'll buy it off you if it's the one your selling? If that's ok? If not it's not my loom so I'll post it back? Let me know:) cheers. Dan
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:34:53 am by supercharged spaniel »