Author Topic: AW tracksport intercooler pics  (Read 2563 times)

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
AW tracksport intercooler pics
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:09:00 pm »
Having afew problems getting the intercooler to sit right and its uncomfortably close to the radiator at the mo. Has anyone got any pics of one fitted we could use for reference?

thankyous.

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
Re: AW tracksport intercooler pics
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »
No pics Jon, but don't be concerned if it's the cores are very close together. Almost touching is good.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:59:45 am »
Phil just said it was uncomfortably close to the rad so i'm not sure which bit is too close!

He wont give me a pic as he's teasing me!  ???

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »
If you can stick you hand/a finger betwen them, they are fine

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:34 pm »
as long as they're not literally touching (which could cause them to rub together and wear) then it's fine.  They are better off either being very close or use a cowling between the two.  Otherwise air that has passed through the IC will try and escape around the side/bottom of the rad (path of least resistance) than go through it.  The same theory applies to putting a cowling in front of them both too, air will try and escape around them than go through them unless a cowling traps the air in at the sides, top and bottom.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:35:14 pm »
cheers for the replies.

I have zero idea how close they actually are - still no pics  >:( I'll have a look when i get the car back eventually. Sure i could make a cowling of some description to channel the air to the right place. I can get hold of some bits of aluminium sheet easily.