Author Topic: Intercooler?  (Read 4809 times)

Offline AllinOne

• Members
Intercooler?
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:50 pm »
Just in the process of buliding ma g40 and am a few parts short. Could anyone tell me if it would be a good idea to get either a standard intercooler or an uprated one, the engine itself is far from standard. Quite new to all of this and would love some help. Thanks  ;D

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Intercooler?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:06:19 pm »
hi mate, what is the spec of the engine? what power are you going for?  To be honest if you've got the g-lader supercharger still on then they don't generate all that much heat really and the stock intercooler should still be ok. 

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:28:47 pm »
After spending the day looking for why the ignition system wasn't live at all on my rebuilt-in-new-shell, (I found it was the plug came off the back of the fusebox!), I've been thinking all day of wherther a water cooled intercooler is a good idea, just because my normal one has lost its cowling, and I think a large front mount cooler will add a lot of volume and induce lag...?
I can provide the cooler with a separate feed through a pump and heater matrix, will I gain or shall I stick to the standard? My mate's 2 litre diesel turbo has same cooler on, so thinking it might be ok...

Anyone got experience?

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:14:25 pm »
Believe there to be a couple of examples of AWIC's on G40s - one done by jabbasport.

juan

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 05:27:32 pm »
I've got one of these that i'm going to be using for my mk1 eaton'd g40. I like the idea of a chargecooler setup as the cooling radiator can be placed where you want.

Offline AllinOne

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 01:11:06 am »
Cool cool thanks guuys for the help. think im just going to get a standard intercooler if i can find one. Anyone no of one going? in kind of a rush to get it done  ???

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 01:34:08 pm »
I noticed my mate's TD Audio A3 has the same cooler on...
NEAL

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 03:10:07 pm »
i'll have a standard intercooler going spare. I can grab it off Phil if you want it?

Offline AllinOne

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 02:31:23 pm »
Thanks mate manages to get one thanks though