Author Topic: Ok so i'm new to Charger ownership, whats a 'Full Blend' mean??  (Read 2877 times)

Offline G40Valverpaul

• Members
As title please. I've been reading up on the G-lader and G40 ownership as i'm new to ownership of a charged engine and wondered what it meant. :)
Mechanical matters aint my strong point!! ::)

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
Re: Ok so i'm new to Charger ownership, whats a 'Full Blend' mean??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:15:14 pm »
"Full Blend" is a bit of a silly name really. ::) It is just the name (a now defunct) company called PSD used when they fully ported a G Lader charger.

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:34:44 am »
AS above, in the early days of charger blending, different companies offer different stages of porting(blending) and the name full blend was given to cover the maxiumum amount of porting available. 

I've seen chargers in several stages of blend, from the better desribed as a deburr to the extreme what is stopping the whole thing from collapsing.

The PSD full blend, gave the maximum blend without risking the integrity of the casings and scroll.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:57 am »
full blend did develop over the years tho!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:31:32 am »
it's just the name Pitstop Developments gave to their highest level of charger porting, a bit like how Jabba call it "R1".  Doesn't mean anything really just basically a marketing name.