Author Topic: what wheels?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline mr p

• Members
what wheels?
« on: March 01, 2009, 01:05:34 pm »
hi. i have the standard 13"s on my g40 but tire choice for those are getting rather limited e.g firestones which are the kind of tyres i wouldn't put on a pram. have tried a slightly higher profile but within a week i ended up facing in the opposite direction at 80mph. fun fun :)

ive checked out a couple of other posts about the 14" alloys and they seem the thing to go for and i notice there  are talk of the compo ml. any idea how heavy they are per wheel? also has anyone had any love with www.superlite-wheels.com? they have a good choice but to me they dont actually seem that "superlight" compared to some 15" alloys.

have seen the Rota RB is quite a tasty looking wheel but its a 15x8 and not sure if they do the right ET. would a 15x8 wheel fit a G40?. seems to be a few differences of opinion when it comes to 15's.

i wouldn't mind a deep ass set of 13's but i want performance over pimp and i don't want it to get impractical.

any advice on how wide, big i can go + anywhere else that you know of that do lightweight 13-14-15 alloys would be fantastic.

one last question. what are good after market breaks to go for? cooling being key as mine are no longer the usual shape :)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: what wheels?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 01:11:01 pm »
can fit 13x7s but in a decent offset (20 front max) and 3 back? (like mattigs)

14x7s i've had on  my g40 et25 - were on with 185 50 or 195 45

15x6s aren't too bad in et35 (g60 Steels) when you go to 15x7s then you need arch work ideally - so any 8" will need LOTS of arch work.