Author Topic: G40 Charger differences!!!  (Read 3148 times)

Offline G40_Mike

• Members
G40 Charger differences!!!
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:14:20 pm »
Right, where do I start.

I have the most mind puzzling thing ever!!!

Did the G40 chargers ever differ in internal structure, minus the differences between mk2 and 3?

I recntly bought a charger that was heavily ported in some srange areas in Germany, it must been a while since it was last used however, on the face of it all it needed was some seals, fine, no probs there, but it also needed a scroll! Phil J kindly hunted around his Aladins cave of G40 parts and came up trumps, so now I have evrything needed to go in the charger so it is a simple piece together and job done... wrong.

Upon building the charger it was turned over and it began to hit internally, the timing was all perfect and there were no obvious reasons for it to be hitting anywhere. It was discovered that on the internal, closest to the shaft end of the scroll it was hitting a lip, this could be cured by grinding this lip, however the scroll on the casing is already thin and it is looking dangerous, then upon further inspection I nothiced it does not run in the track of the scroll that was once there, the swirl marks in the walls of the charger and the PTFE are an inch out, it is too far to the center of the charger??? This also means the small track in the wall of the charger is out of line too, again, more grinding. It is not the scroll, I bought one over from my other charger and it does the same, the shaft is 100% straight, it is clear because you can see as you rotate, plus if it wasnt it wouldn't slot into the other side of the casing, inless the shaft is bent in the middle, this seems far fetched.

SO, were there any differences in production, batches or otherwise?

Any help much apprecieated!!!!

Michael

Offline Mail Man G40

• Members
    • www.g-lader.info
Re: G40 Charger differences!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:51:12 pm »
Pls send a pic of both housing parts, maybe I can help you.

webmaster@g-lader.info