Author Topic: Fuel regulator vacuum hose..?  (Read 2884 times)

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
Fuel regulator vacuum hose..?
« on: June 23, 2018, 05:22:42 pm »
I'm one bit short on the car restart,  there's a (I think) vacuum pipe comes out the fuel-rail regulator and I have it attached, but the other end just has a brass bit-of-pipe stuck in the end looks like might have snapped from somewhere... Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to go?

The fuel-relays don't kick in so it's no where near working, here's to hoping tomorrow's triumph will be....
NEAL

Offline NealPeal

• Members
Re: Fuel regulator vacuum hose..?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:47:18 pm »
Sorted, found it...
delete this thread... !

The partsCatalogue drawing took some interpreting but it's turned out to be abother output on the same brake-vacuum-dumbbell that feeds the ECU...
And we've obviously fixed it before with a brass tube... Sorted... :-) Nice low idle pressure sorted :-D

I'm much better going out at 8PM... At the same instance I found the fuel-relay is dead and am convinced she'll just fire up tomorrow and pass ECU diags... I hope so anyway...!

(Delete this thread H?)
NEAL

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 05:08:59 pm »
No don't delete it. It's handy for others in case they have the same/ similar problem.

Unless you really really want it deleted I suppose? I prefer to leave my "daft" threads where I solve it myself, I sometimes go back and repeat the same thing 5 years later, then re-reading the same thread and remember the answer! I am a bit scatty though, If I don't think about it/ use it, I tend to forget it before long.

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »
Nice one Eereiz! Thanks for your answer to this post https://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13304.0
Now I can use ZZap everything is easy! All the parts I've ordered this week have been by catalogue number...

This is the interpreting I had to do, my one way valve is vertical, and had only one port still attached until we made one with a brass insert....
All good stuff I've just got the exhaust on...! Water next then a couple of bits, ready for an MOT!

Phew, baking outside, I'll carry on about 7 o'clock!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:49:45 pm by NealPeal »