Author Topic: subframe  (Read 14118 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: subframe
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »
Very true Frode.

We can make them to your requirements, we're currently modifying one for Nick as his mk2 has had all the front end panels replaced, so didn't match up with our jig car- which is a 1.0litre squareback with about 55k on it, about the mintest one we could find  :)

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:00 pm »
Yeah is that ready for me yet Pete?
My mk2 only had a new OE front panel through choice btw, Gaz is yet to try his on his Wolfsberg mk2.....

Offline volksnorm

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 09:02:46 pm »
hi guys, i'm the man behind PPS and i'd like to clear up a few points once and for all.
for my frames i use CDS, so do PPP the steel is exactly the same so no question about strength, i am a coded welder, so no question about weld integrity. the basic design differences are down to my personal opinions of how i like to do things and ease of fitting. the question of the rear crossbar is a bit pointless as this is the least stressed area on the whole set up.
the "ripped off" gearbox mount is basically the only way to approach whats needed so no ripping off was involved.
too much emphasis is being put onto the steve from PSD issue, out of the 20 odd frames i've sold only one was to Steve, he was not involed in the design or idea at any stage and i think it's very unfair to slag him off like that on a public forum just to make a point.
as for the price difference, the only reason i can see is that i make the frames myself, all in house inc blasting and powdercoating, PPP have theirs made for them, if YOOF has a normal job thats perfectly understandable as it is a huge undertaking to set up to make these frames.
if i were to charge £600 for one, would that make people think that mine are better quality?
don't even compare our frames to Salzmann ones , i have seen them and they are diabolical.

so to sum up, both frames will do the job perfectly, both will last, its purely down to individual choices and budgets.
i hope that puts a lid on the subject
thankyou

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 09:45:52 pm »
Have been following this closely as i am interested in a subframe for my g40, how much is your subframe kit volksnorm?

cheers grant.

Offline Varley

• Members
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 10:42:32 am »
too much emphasis is being put onto the steve from PSD issue, out of the 20 odd frames i've sold only one was to Steve, he was not involed in the design or idea at any stage and i think it's very unfair to slag him off like that on a public forum just to make a point.

Hear Hear!

Offline volksnorm

• Members
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 07:56:22 pm »
Have been following this closely as i am interested in a subframe for my g40, how much is your subframe kit volksnorm?

cheers grant.
i dont want to use this forum for any sort of advertising, but you can get hold of me through polo3.co.uk
thanks mate