Author Topic: Anyone got a 4 branch that actually fits a g40  (Read 4293 times)

Offline Roach

Anyone got a 4 branch that actually fits a g40
« on: June 06, 2018, 06:14:44 pm »
I bought an eBay special 4 branch and the second branch fouls the charger outlet... I managed to grind back a bit of the charger mount to clear the first branch... but I’m losing faith in it.

Anyone got an actual 4 branch that will fit correctly? Or even a good condition standard mani?

Offline Roach

Re: Anyone got a 4 branch that actually fits a g40
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:00:14 pm »
Give me a text or WhatsApp on 0797six0577six3 if it’s easier as I don’t get in here often... doesn’t look like many do tbh.

Thanks.

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 12:45:01 pm »
I did the same to my bracket to fit the Supersprint 4-branch

It is like that for most manifolds. I believe that the Rüddel manifold might be the only one to get around this problem, and possibly the PSD manifolds

Offline Roach

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 12:52:36 pm »
A longer belt may take the charger away from the manifold but I fear not enough.

Thanks for the reply buddy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:58:59 pm by Roach »

Offline Roach

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:27:11 am »
Ok I’ll take a stock manifold and decat pipe if anyone has that instead?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 09:24:18 am »
I've not got one for sale but take a look at PPP pipes. http://www.poloperformanceparts.co.uk/shop.php?cat=1

I had an FK Automotive (I think) one before. Utter shit, fell apart, bad fit. I didn't personally fit the PPP pipe, my mate did it for me as I was away but I don't remember hearing anything about modifying anything. Then again, If I had another one on before, perhaps my charger / mount was modified already to accept it. I've got a few PPP products now and can't fault them!

Offline Roach

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:07:25 am »
Thanks bud, I already contacted him but he has none in stock, and he pointed me to here as sometimes there are group buys going on.

I guess he doesn’t want to make just 1.... understandable I guess.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 11:18:57 am »
That's the trouble with low volume parts. Much as I hate to say it, try the fb groups, they're a nightmare to figure out/ find stuff (for me anyway, lol) but you do get a high volume of people posting on there and a lot of exposure, so even if you post a wanted ad there you're likely to get others posting links to ones they know of for sale.

They're like buses, as soon as you find one and buy it, 93 others will come up and be 1/4 the price......always the way!

Offline Roach

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 10:39:33 am »
I don’t got fb.

Ah well, I’ll stick the original mani back on there I suppose.

Better than nothing.  ::)