Author Topic: Original polo G40 pre cat non sunroof tornado red  (Read 5389 times)

Offline Donjon

Original polo G40 pre cat non sunroof tornado red
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:13:32 am »

Original 1991 Mk2f Polo G40
1.3 Supercharged
156k miles

I bought this about 2 years ago from a chap off the forum and it has been used daily by me in the summer months never missing a beat and very reliable. I have attached pictures from the original advert below and nothing has changed apart from the wheels. I will update with recent pictures later on.

Some history on the car..
From what i can see in the documents i have with the car and what i have been told by previous owners, the car was a right hand drive german import owned by someone in the British military. I assume it was specced as right hand drive as the idea was always to import it back to the UK.

The previous owner purchased the car from a guy just outside Oxford. The car has previously been written off in his ownership and was purchased back from the insurance company and repaired to a very high standard as he was in the accident and repair business. During this time the complete front of the car was taken off and the engine fully rebuilt and wires tucked inside the wing to tidy the engine bay up.

I have given the car an oil service every 6 months regardless of mileage.

The car came with a ridiculous amount of history. I have a folder full of all receipts and old MOT's for the car.

Engine specs
Painted block, charger, alternator and gearbox
Full head rebuild
Replaced stem seals
Re-seated valves
6n head gasket
New cambelt and water pump
Charger rebuild by G werks
65mm pully
Jabbasport chip.
R8 Oil cap

Further engine specs include a custom induction kit ran behind the front bumper with an air filter sitting in a hole where the front fog light would be if it had them, a GT inlet mainfold, polished and dewedged throttle body and a full stainless manifold and exhaust.

Wheels
14” Pirelli P slots with centre caps and nearly new tyres.

Interior
Standard seats
Boost gauge
Fisher tape deck holder
Vw beta tape deck

Suspension
H&R Cup kit lowered about 50-60mm

Bad bits
As most cars of it's age there are some bad bits. There are a couple of dings, scratches and rust patches. The first shows a fairly big ding on the swage line and a small amount of rust under the rear window.

And the second shows some scratches on the drivers door. These could be fixed fairly easily with a respray but since owning the car i haven't had the funds to have a whole respray and get all the issues sorted.

I am after 3500. The car is based just outside of peterborough. Viewings welcome.

Thanks

Jon

Offline ChargerCharger

• Members
Re: Original polo G40 pre cat non sunroof tornado red
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:55:14 pm »
Messaged

Offline Donjon

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:35:56 am »

Offline Tomsampson66