Author Topic: Custom chips  (Read 4582 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Custom chips
« on: April 01, 2018, 08:34:27 pm »
Does anybody know a respectable company that makes custom chips for g40s?i had one made by pit stop developments which I assume no longer exist and it seems to no longer work.so basically I need a replacement so can anyone please recommend someone to write me a new chip to replace my broken one.thank you as always matt

Offline JoeH

• Members
Re: Custom chips
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »
I wonder about this too, especially as PPP aren't doing any, there is a bit of a gap in the market?
custom mapping too...

Stealth?
Dubforce?

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »
Gap in the market maplin do blank chips and my mate has the software and equipment to write them I’m just not sure exactly what date needs writing to get them to run else I’d start writing them myself 🤔

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:55:42 pm »
http://www.poloperformanceparts.co.uk/shop.php?cat=3

There's a list of the chips I sell, there are also a variety of slightly different flavours in each map.

There are very few companies who offer bespoke remapping - PPP haven't offered it for some time due to a lack of free time.

To reverse engineer the maps takes hours and hours, and needs a good degree of testing. Once you've bought the emulation kit, software, wideband, knock box and chip burner, modified an ECU to emulate... you'll have spent the same as an open aftermarket modern ECU.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 09:04:09 pm »
I have had a look on your website and sadly you don’t cover what I need and that’s a problem as I can’t run my car without it as mine appears to have burnt out.i was contemplating getting a stand-alone ecu but not really looked into it I really just want a chip to get my car running again

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 09:07:16 pm »
What's the spec?

Offline Agent47

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:18:59 pm »
You could always contact maxrpm or slstuning, they both have various chips and Thorsten at maxrpm is always very helpful.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 11:26:46 am »
Where are max rpm mate do you have details for them please

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »

Offline JoeH

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 10:06:59 pm »
What or where do the G60 boys for custom mapping?
is that relatable process to G40 tuning?

Offline JoeH

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 10:11:11 pm »
or the polo gt boys for that matter?

Offline Matty!

• Members
  • G40 Clubsport Build / BMW M2
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 08:17:11 am »
Automark in Stokesly or Chipwizards can still do it, I will probably go for Chipwizards once mine is ready.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 05:17:46 pm »
If you're still up in the air about it in a few months and fancy something like an Emerald K6 ecu (or anything decent) give me a shout as I'm also on the lookout.....after I've dared to open and rebuild my gearbox....... for something I can map myself. I'm happy to put the time in learning what to do and pretty much written my car off for this year now. Same for anyone else.... I'm thinking we could maybe get a group buy going. I wouldn't be ready until probably August / September.

Offline Agent47

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 11:56:57 pm »
I'm still going to go ME221 with mine. Had a quick chat with the guy who created them and it seems simple enough if you put some time in to learning. Lots of tutorials available and the FB page is always pretty helpful, really good customer service as well.