Author Topic: Engine mount, suspension kit  (Read 3892 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Engine mount, suspension kit
« on: March 12, 2018, 02:42:47 am »
As above need engine mount charger side the big ugly one near the cam belt cover if anyone has a spare laying about.also wouldn’t mind a upgrade on my suspension mines 60/40 but would like to go lower so if anyone has anything lower get in touch cheers Matt

Offline bigclance

• Members
Re: Engine mount, suspension kit
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:33:11 pm »
If it's the one that also mounts the alternator then I have one mate

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:59:24 pm »
Yes, that's the same part.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 11:51:31 pm »
It’s the rubber gaiter I need

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »
If you're talking about the rubber part that sits in the chassis leg then Golf G60 transmission mount will fit. Same for the underside of the car. I bought two a few months back and fitted them.

Brand new about £15

Offline nikolakiss0104

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:54:22 pm »
so you can buy an uprated g60 transmission mount, like poly or something and put it in the car? or it is fine only with the oem one?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 01:05:06 pm »
Yes you can buy either. They are physically the same size. The difference with polyurethane is it doesn't degrade like standard (cheap) rubber bushes. They tend to be a harder shore (Higher numbers indicate harder materials; lower numbers indicate softer materials). So you will feel more vibration transmitted through the chassis to you.

I bought standard rubber ones (generally from past experience they tend to be about 40 shore) as I plan on daily driving through lanes, lots of off/on throttle, overtakes, etc. So I'd like to retain a bit of "softness" to my power delivery. Polyurethane ones tend to be 60-80 (I'm dredging this up from ten years ago so may have changed slightly in that time).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer

If you want to get real fancy you can get hydra bushes. I very much doubt they exist for old Polo's though. They also like to burst and feel shit when they do.

Offline nikolakiss0104

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 10:02:09 pm »
thanks mate much appreciate. I think that 3 poly bushes with 60 hardness will be very good.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 09:09:30 am »
The pressed one is different to the charger and rear mount so just get two, I'm sure someone somewhere in the world will make poly polo mounts, I've never seen them though. You can make your own but seems like a lot of hassle to me.