Author Topic: Oil leak after returning pipe work from boost mod  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Mark Millington

Oil leak after returning pipe work from boost mod
« on: February 10, 2018, 08:50:30 pm »
Refitted all the oil breather pipe work on my g40 after last owner did boost mod. When for a blast today and was fine for half an hour then got back and it looks like oil has been forced past the oil filler cap and shot oil everywhere. Could this be a build up of crankcase pressure due to me fitting back the pipework and some of the valves not working correctly? Buzzer beeper beeped once just before this happened but no oil lights came on engine sounded a little tappy then went quieter again.

Any help appreciated Mark

Offline Mark Millington

Re: Oil leak after returning pipe work from boost mod
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »
Just took out my one way valve and you can blow through it both ways that's surely not right. Looks to me as if the if it's failed allowing throttle pressure down into the crank? Which has then escaped through the oil filler cap

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:17:25 pm »
Sounds like you've found the issue. Not sure why having the Boost return pipe on would make any difference though, the breather valve is independent of that?

Post back when you sort it / don't sort it if you don't mind! Helps others if they have the same issue and read this thread in X months / years.

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:23:45 pm »
Hello mate I have ordered a new part just waiting on it from Germany will post back up if it sorts it out. I hope it's that and nothing more serious. Opened up the one way valve and the diaphragm inside was split and full of gunk it only did this after I changed it back from having the boost mod done as the one way valve had been removed. I will let you guys know how i get on 👍