Author Topic: Cam and pulley timing help!!  (Read 2324 times)

Offline nikferal

• Members
Cam and pulley timing help!!
« on: June 22, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »
I've recently had a vernier pulley and the shrink fast road cam installed, along with multiple engine mods over the last couple of years...

The garage set the pulley and everything to zero as they weren't sure what the best timing setting would be, does anyone know or know of any garages/tuners who would be able to help???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:46:34 pm by nikferal »

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: Cam and pulley timing help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 03:53:33 pm »
Do you understand what it is and what it does? I'm not trying to take the piss, just gauge where you're at knowledge wise.

What mods have you got to warrant the vernier pulley? Do you run aftermarket ignition or anything or just bolted it on because it looks fancy? ;)

Pretty much any garage/ mechanic with half a brain can get it running. Have they followed the timing guide, disconnected blue temp sender, prewarmed the engine, etc. prior to timing it? Assuming you're on std ignition, ecu, etc.

Does it even run at the moment? Should be.......5-7deg Before TDC if I remember right (look on here for the autodata section, I / Hayesey uploaded the guide).

Lastly, where are you, someone on here may come help you if you're not far! Or recommend a decent garage. :)