Author Topic: Custom made polyurethane bushes  (Read 2745 times)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Custom made polyurethane bushes
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:57:49 am »
I've just emailed superflex to see if they can make engine mounts, can't find them anywhere, just std rubber ones.

Anyone know anywhere that makes them? Can you easily make your own by pouring liquid polyurethane into a mould or is it more complicated than that?

Offline randombadger69

• Members
Re: Custom made polyurethane bushes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »
I bought Febi Ines at about £3 each some time ago. Forget where now, might be worth asking Pete if he can source them.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:14:49 am by randombadger69 »

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:08:31 am »
Does he still exist?

Is he still trustworthy? I read in several places he took several payments and stopped replying to people and basically disappeared.

I saw the ones on ebay, just not sure if it's worth buying them or pulling my old ones out and making new ones using them as a mould. Hoping I can find someone at work that can help, will update when I know more.

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 01:34:00 pm »
Phil J no longer deals with Polo's

There have been various group buys going on since PSD (another tabhoo name) looked into doing them many years ago.

Various different hardness have been offered, from the .55 shore of PSD set up to the .70 shore of the last Phil J ones

I did a group buy many years ago, and it was a real pain, trying to get 10 people togther, and then the prices still weren't the greatest and the one of the only companies who would do this work, werent the most helpful.

There was a huge risk of over £1k + with peoples money, if this company didn't fulfil their promise and when they are messing you around, then its not the easiest. If it goes tits up then you risk being seriously out of pocket as an individual.