Author Topic: Rebuilt charger!  (Read 3507 times)

Offline domisgar

• Members
Rebuilt charger!
« on: January 16, 2009, 09:49:11 pm »
Hay guys
just finished rebuilding my charger and wanted to put up some pics for feed bk. What stage of porting is it at? and is there any way of telling who ported it befor?

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: Rebuilt charger!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:30:20 pm »
Somebody may coorect me but Hell Fire. Could they not cut any more out (NOT).
I`d say that was Full blend plus.
I`m amazed you can get the O-Ring seal to actually seal with the amount removed.
Meself, I`de say that was over the top and those legs on the output must be fairly weak
with the amount removed.
Mines supposedly PSD full blend and i wouldn`t want to remove any more than it is at.

Fred.

Some pics below.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:57:47 pm »
yes it looks like more porting than my PSD full blend was.  I suspect it's just been done by a random person than a company.  Do you know who owned the charger before you?

Offline domisgar

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:11:16 pm »
I got it with the engine bout 2years ago for a guy in scotland. i was told it was rebuilt 6th months befor and it look pritty clean, and when i took it appart all the bearings an seals where good. just thought it was bout time it had a service.
I was thinking it was a diy job.
That was the very reason i rebuilt it, excess porting. The side of the oil way blew out and filled every thing with oil!!!
Im an engineer so i sleved and welded the oil line and then just cleaned and smothed it out at work.
im putting the charger back on at the weekend and hope all is good!

Offline domisgar

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:53:39 am »
The charger back in the the car and running. ;D

Oh my god i sware theres 10x more air comming though the boost return!!!! And the car seams to be runnig better on idle. Cant wait to take her out for a blast!

How meny miles do you guys recomend to run in a rebuilt charger??
Thanks
dom

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:12:52 am »
I'd say 300 off boost, then build the boost up... not a hard and fast rule though.