Author Topic: newbie  (Read 2706 times)

Offline weemanno1

« on: September 03, 2016, 09:49:47 am »
Hi guys just joined.. wandered if someone cna help i used to have a mk3 polo breadvan when i was younger but after a g40 as a little project..  :) !   so thought i'd join up and see whats going on! :)

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:54:26 pm »
Welcome,

Genuine G40s are very thin on the ground now, even conversions can be in 2k range.

Be prepared to scour the classifieds every day until what you want crops up.  Unfortunately the days of cheap cheap G40s are long gone  :(

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 11:54:26 pm »
Hello,

As said genuine G40s are thin on the ground. Apparently there are only 81 taxed examples in the UK just now with 190 SORN. I'd assume a good percentage of the SORN'd ones have been robbed of their engines and the shells are just rotting away somewhere.

They do come up for sale though, but if you have your heart set on a genuine one then do your homework when looking at a car. There have been a few recently that have turned out to be conversions, they may try and blag them off as a 'reshell' though.

Cheap ones are none existent unless you get lucky and find one in a barn owned buy someone who doesn't have the internet. Otherwise be prepared to part with upwards of £3k for a decent example.

Offline weemanno1

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:20:57 am »
thats about what i wanna spend for a bad example to re do my self or a cheap saloon or something i can do the conversion in as a bit of a project :) ive toyed with g40 in a mk4 polo or lupo but if was going for the conversion id love to do a saloon :)