Author Topic: H section con rods  (Read 2977 times)

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
H section con rods
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:49:57 am »
Folks,

I'm looking at H section rods for my build.

Apart from PEC or IE who are both quite expensive has anyone looked at or used the ones that come from Poland or Bulgaria.  They all seem reputable and have good feedback however I just wondere if anyone had seem them in the flesh or had used them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281159586707

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281972276355

I don't see any issues with them and they come with ARP bolts etc.

Thoughts, experiences?

Ben

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: H section con rods
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:26:11 pm »
It's the arp bolts that cost a lot of the cash. So if not be surprised if some of the cheaper ones were the same rods rebranded but withoutthe bolts.

Offline benh999

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:41:38 pm »
The cheaper ones come with their own unbranded fasteners which I assume means bolts.. The Techno 5 ones have arp fasteners

Offline josé

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 06:48:16 pm »
I read somewhere about mk2 golf techno5 rods letting go and destroying engines but never read anything about the polo rods.....

Offline benh999

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 08:58:08 pm »
I emailed the chap about the unbranded ones and got this reply.......

" I have a factory rods and sell mostly wholesale. connecting rods and bolts have been tested repeatedly and with this engine can not reach their limit. I have clients with 800-900 horsepower that cause no problems. I have a friend who has a polo g40 and has a 347 horsepower wheels. makes a third year without problems. all connecting rods on the market are the same. Carrillo connecting rods only differ by mass selling."

Seems like a decent endorsement, I may give them a whirl.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 07:19:57 am »
I emailed the chap about the unbranded ones and got this reply.......

" I have a factory rods and sell mostly wholesale. connecting rods and bolts have been tested repeatedly and with this engine can not reach their limit. I have clients with 800-900 horsepower that cause no problems. I have a friend who has a polo g40 and has a 347 horsepower wheels. makes a third year without problems. all connecting rods on the market are the same. Carrillo connecting rods only differ by mass selling."

Seems like a decent endorsement, I may give them a whirl.

Awesome reply!

They're 'factory' rods - meaning they're manufactured in a factory, as an alternative to being born in a hospital?

'Tested repeatedly' - What testing? A visual check to make sure they're a conrod?

'With this engine they cannot reach their limit' - Awesome, a limitless component!

347whp G40 ... cool! That's >40bar BMEP...

All con rods are the same... which is why these are half price.

Seems like a shit endorsement, and a load of bollocks.

Buy PEC - they're still dirty cheap, UK based, and I've had no issues with them in my 1341cc.

Buy shit, buy twice, along with another engine.

(might have my 1341cc motor for sale in a few months)

Cheers

Pete