Author Topic: G40 SUPERCHARGED Polo GTI 6N2  (Read 4266 times)

Offline DEX911

G40 SUPERCHARGED Polo GTI 6N2
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:47:19 pm »
Hi guys a friend of mine has given me a G40 supercharger and intercooler to fit to my JAP spec 6n2 GTI and I know nothing about them or how to fit them my mechanic has fitted them before to a k series civic and he says I need all the parts before he will do it as he will have to close the garage for him to get the time to work on it. So I'm asking and kind of begging for a list of parts I need to have for the conversion this is what I have put together so far.
supercharger,
intercooler,
piping,
oil cooler,
oil reservoir,
cams,
cam pullies,
pullies crank and supercharger,
bigger injectors,
better airflow, (I was thinking putting CBR throttle bodies with a 1.8 20v fuel rail or a just a 1.8 20v throttle body)
4 2 1 manifold bigger diameter exhaust,
blow off valve/dump valve,
EGT gauge,
oil pressure gauge,
boost gauge,
turbo timer,
stand alone ECU,
upgraded clutch,
upgraded flywheel,
upgraded brakes,
Any other information would be much appreciated as i am pretty clueless, to be honest.
I have very little working knowledge of the supercharger itself like the hp output and torque figures so and specs on the supercharger would also be very helpful cheers in advance :D.

Offline polo classic

• Members
Re: G40 SUPERCHARGED Polo GTI 6N2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:15:35 am »

oil cooler, not needed
oil reservoir,why?
cams, Standard cams will be fine
cam pullies,why ?
pullies crank and supercharger,
bigger injectors,

better airflow, (I was thinking putting CBR throttle bodies with a 1.8 20v fuel rail or a just a 1.8 20v throttle body) As for airflow,  the standard manifold is fine, the G40 one want fit, neither will the 20v fuel rail, due to different bore spacing.

4 2 1 manifold bigger diameter exhaust,
blow off valve/dump valve, Dont use a blow off, modify the G40 bRV to fit
EGT gauge,why?
oil pressure gauge,
boost gauge,
turbo timer, why, no turbo, so need for a turbo timer?
stand alone ECU,

You haven't done much research have you?

You need pistons with lower CR and stronger rods

Offline DEX911

Re: G40 SUPERCHARGED Polo GTI 6N2
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 11:21:45 am »
I have no clue about them, to be honest. That's why I was asking on here as I thought guys on here would know. thanks for the info though at least I'm getting an idea. I know nothing about the g40 polos I have a good knowledge of 6n and 6n2 and 9n's but that's where the specialty lies.