Author Topic: Mk.2 Polo Saloon  (Read 4657 times)

Offline 86C

• Members
Mk.2 Polo Saloon
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:05:09 pm »
For sale is my 1986 1043cc Polo saloon. I bought this as a project and have recommissioned it over the Christmas break with many new parts fitted as it hasn't been on the road for many years.

It's just had:
Water pump
Cambelt
Hydraulic tappets
Thermostat
Spark plugs
Leads
All filters and fluids
Front wheel bearings
Track control arms
Front strut inserts and top bearings
Brake pads

The previous owner also fitted a new clutch so I'm told.

I have also changed the interior for a later one from a Spanish built Mk.2, fitted a Weber carburetor and another exhaust system.

Bad points:
Although the paint work has polished up well, there are areas on the flat surfaces that have been polished through the top coat in the past, notably the roof. Bar a couple of areas, the paint seems to be what it left the factory with so no accident damage although there are little dings and rust spots here and there you'd expect from a 30 year old car(it's 30 today actually).
The sunroof was leaking and despite attempts to clean up the original seal or obtain a new one it still leaked so it has now been carefully sealed up. You wouldn't know to look at it, no horrible blodges of sealer everywhere, but at least you won't get water running down the back of your neck now(that really wasn't pleasant!)
The number plates are fading a little(mot advisory) but they are the original selling dealer plates so I have left them on.

Overall a clean and unmolested car that can be driven as is or stick something more powerful under the bonnet, drop it and stick some classics on it.
I have too many cars and a VW Camper restoration to fund so no swaps or anything please.

Car is currently at my work near to Loughborough. Feel free to pm me if you require any more info.
Priced at £1395 but open to offers.

Steve.

Offline Fastygaz

Re: Mk.2 Polo Saloon
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:40:17 pm »
Hi Steve,
Very interested in this as my missus' first VW.
Could you please give me a buzz or drop me a txt on 07554473942 at some point to discuss coming to have a look at it?
Thanks
Gaz

Offline UJA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 06:00:18 pm »
Nice looking loon there, interior looks mint! GLWTS

Offline 86C

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:42:13 pm »
Car is now sold, hope you enjoy it Gaz  :)