Author Topic: Hey All  (Read 4561 times)

Offline SpikeyG40

• Members
Hey All
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:03:59 pm »
Hey, Glad to see this is all up and running now!   Heard rumours this was going to happen.   Shame about the pitstop forum!  >_<

I used to be a member of the pitstop forum and am a member of UK-Polos.   I have a J plate G40 that some of you may remember.   Completely stock even down to the radio.   Well, she's nearly stock, i'm working on it!

have a daily driver which is a vento but due to getting a new job in a new location, i've had to leave the polo behind.   there will be a time when i'll get her down with me, but for now, shes all tucked up in a garage at my parents!  Fully road worthy so whenever i go home, i can have a blast!  she still hasn't had the charger rebuild and is on low millage, covered about 1500 last year!   think the total stands at about 86k.

Anyway, a couple of the most recent pics of the old girl

Does anyone remember her?   Used to have a tonne of pics up on the Pitstop forum!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Hey All
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:19 am »
cant say i have ever seen it, but shit it looks nice, the reg is damn sweet!

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Hey All
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:35:15 am »
Alright mate, good to see the G40's looking healthy!

People might remember your blue one better tho.

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Hey All
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:48:03 am »
remember seeing it years back at edition. your plate made me smile LOL sad git I know.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey All
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:24:35 am »
owdo!  I remember you from the PSD forum.

Offline SpikeyG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey All
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:53:54 pm »
[quote pid=748 author=DKnight date=1207613179]cant say i have ever seen it, but shit it looks nice, the reg is damn sweet![/quote]

I have seen your name on the PSD forum and when i've been brousing club polo.   you used to have a G40 van didn't you?   and i think i remember you selling a tornado red G40 with half colourcoded bumpers and a low millage iirc?  was interested in that before i got mine but didnt' have the money!

[quote pid=749 author=Alex date=1207614915]Alright mate, good to see the G40's looking healthy!

People might remember your blue one better tho.[/quote]

hello mate, glad to see you've still got yours, haven't seen you on UK-P for ages!   ahh, my old blue mk3

She was sold a couple of years back, and the last thing i heard, a G40 lump had been dropped in her!  :)

[quote pid=750 author=giorgio date=1207640883]remember seeing it years back at edition. your plate made me smile LOL sad git I know.[/quote]

The Reg is pretty good isn't it?   It does make me smile and alot of people notice it!

[quote pid=752 author=hayesey date=1207643075]owdo!  I remember you from the PSD forum.[/quote]

hello mate, i remember you, also remember you from early days on UK-P!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey All
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »
what suspension you running in your sig picture. Sketchy to say the least

Offline SpikeyG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey All
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 02:29:53 pm »
That would be standard G40 suspension.  I did give it a bit of a flick as i came round the corner so thats why it looks a little unsettled!   But i'd imagine its getting quite tired after 17 years on the car!   Its something i'd like to change at some point in the future, but keeping with the standard kit.   Oh, and there were three people in the car! haha