Author Topic: sell my G???  (Read 7058 times)

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
sell my G???
« on: January 11, 2009, 08:53:45 am »
well after a long year of moaning the missus has decided she wants us to move out of our council house and for me to get a mortgage which isn't a problem at all, after all i think at the moment you pay the same on rent as you would on a mortgage, only problem is we need a deposit and she thinks selling my G would solve that, (what a complete idiot she is). as if i'm going to sell that after all the hours i've put into it. i know its not on the road but thats besides the point.
so the question i'm asking you all is,,, Would you part with something you love for someone you love??? my answer is No. tho i have been called a stubburn bastard many times i just think selling my G is a bit over the top, its like someone asking you for your last Rolo, it just wouldn't happen.

Regards Tom

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: sell my G???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 12:28:39 pm »
Hell no!!!!

My G is my baby, you get me an that is part of the package at the end of the day. Acept or leave  ;D

Well maybe do not say it quite like that lol

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:08:33 pm »
i had this discussion with my bird a while ago...would i sell the G if she asked me too?  No i said because the car is my interest and it is one of the things that makes me me...without it what would i do?  she totally understood this of course...in your case it just depends how much you want to get a mortage...if its just you thats paying the mortage i dont think its fair that you should have to sort it all out?  maybe she can make a contribution?

Offline giorgio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 05:24:32 pm »
no offence intended here -

If your in a position where you need 2K to get a deposit then you stand no chance of getting a mortgage right now.

You will need a minimum of 20% deposit.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:22:50 pm »
only need 10% with halifax bud, selling it would be a nice little wedge towards the deposit, tho i'm not prepared to contribute my G.

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:17:04 pm »
I'd sell my car if she asked me to. It would be dificult but if it came to a me or the "G" decision, I'd go with her.

I had to make that choice for real about 4 years ago. I sold a Clio 1.8 16v because it was costing me more than I could afford and she gave me the ultimatum. Then again 2 years later I got rid of an old mini marcos because she wanted rid of it.

You boys need some perspective. If you'd keep your car over your woman, you need to find a better woman!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:41:43 pm »

If selling the G isn't an issue now, then it sure as hell will be later, it's that kind of scenario. Tread carefully.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 06:27:56 pm »
I have perspective. If you are willing to give up something which you are so pationate about for a woman then surely the women in question is not worth at. if she can't except you an what comes with you then find someone who will. Just another side of the coin i thought i would throw in there.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:40:15 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 08:01:07 pm »
lol @ this thread.

My other half understands what my car means to me and would never ask me to sell it, even if things were that tight. No matter what mood i'm in, once i'm in my car, all my problems disappear and i'm happy again (and she just loves it when i piss people off in it!)

Nothing like G-smiles.

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 12:48:45 am »
Has she got anything she`s as passionate about Tom.
You could say, Well! i`ll sell the G if you sell your ???

What with this and the Karma Post i`ve had a damb good laugh
tonight.
          Regards, Fred.

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 01:09:05 am »
I'd sell my car if she asked me to. It would be dificult but if it came to a me or the "G" decision, I'd go with her.

I had to make that choice for real about 4 years ago. I sold a Clio 1.8 16v because it was costing me more than I could afford and she gave me the ultimatum. Then again 2 years later I got rid of an old mini marcos because she wanted rid of it.

You boys need some perspective. If you'd keep your car over your woman, you need to find a better woman!

nah if you get rid of your car for a woman your under the thumb simple :D  not for me...

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 12:50:32 pm »
Exactly Spaniel, couldn't have put it any better, you see the way she sees it, its just a wedge of cash sitting in the garage, she doesn't like it because she says its too scary to be in, which at times it is as you all know. the only thing she's passionate about is her dog, which i would kindly leave the door open for so that it fucks off (very annoying). she knows i love my G, its just she can't come to terms with it, my final decision is lots of overtime to compensate, tho knowing her the subject will probably come up again sometime in the future.
My best mate is in a similar situation, last summer i offered him £2500 for his mk1 golf clipper (one of the best examples i've ever seen), he said deal, tho half an hour later his girlfriend phoned me up giving me a right gob full and saying he wasn't selling. Now she's pregnant and can't wait to get rid. Just how do their minds work???

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 01:01:40 pm »
Just how do their minds work???

Now do you really want to go there mate. Im sure we would need a whole other thread an then some to discuss that issue.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 03:07:39 pm »
I didnt think they did at times, especially when behind the steering wheel!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 03:38:02 pm »
I think you should tighten up on your savings and create a deposit, when you have a mortgage when are you going to get the spare chas to save up for a G again?  :-\ Then it's gone... Forever! :'(