Author Topic: Where to source from?  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Bushpig

• Members
Where to source from?
« on: November 21, 2015, 03:22:39 pm »
Hello all , im in need a few things for the polo and hopeing people know best place to source them from.
After a

+metal head gasket diameter of bore  is now 76mm as engine rebuild had to have forged pistons 3mm larger than original. (Anybody swapped out for metal one much gains or just done for prace of mind?

+ Fmic (worth sticking with original or do you gain much from aftermarket one)

Also is it worth replaceing radiator with alloy one even tho it is in perfect working condition?

+ larger brake servo herd the mk2 golf servo is the one you need to upgrade with.

Cheers all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:45:29 pm by Bushpig »

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: Where to source from?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »
The original bore size is 75mm, so you are only 1mm bigger. I run a standard head gasket with a 77mm bore and its fine, a metal one from a 6n should be fine. All it does is lower the compression ratio. I think you will want one from the engine code AEE, 1.6 8v.

If you have standard brakes, there is no need to upgrade the master cylinder to the golf gti one. I think it can increase pedal travel or something, search the forum as there is a topic on it.

Alloy radiator is good to have as the do help with cooling but more expensive and you will more than likely need a slimline fan as well. A good oil cooler and lower water temp thermostat will be a good start as it will help everything keep cool. I have never had problems with the standard one.

FMIC is always going to have a gain but how much of a gain on a supercharger i wouldn’t know. They are more expensive and you may require, depending on where you have it, have to cut bumpers/slam panel to fit it. They can be fit nice and snug out the way to make it look like a sleeper. Yoof’s one i think is built well and can’t really see much of it.

Offline Bushpig

• Members
Re: Where to source from?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »
http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/lshop,showdetail,10862,en,1448219958-11646,tuning.1080551727,2140077,100,Tshowrub--tuning.1080551727,.htm

http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/lshop,showdetail,10862,en,1448219958-11646,tuning.1080551727,2140018,101,Tshowrub--tuning.1080551727,.htm

Was looking at these from bar tek but not entirely sure which one I need to get , however if I can get a aav one from euro car parts or gsf etc etc what are prices like?
Did measure the gasket the machine shop supplied was 2 mm , does have a metal sheet running through it but im guessing the metal ones are completely made of metal sheet especially ones from bartek??

I have upgraded the brakes to the point of not modifying Ie green stuff pads , drilled and grooved discs but still gets a bit hairy...

I was ideally looking for one to fit into the space under the number plate if someone has a link to a universal one that would slide in would be good.