Author Topic: What spec suspension and brakes to use?  (Read 9633 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: What spec suspension and brakes to use?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 02:52:02 pm »
from what you've said it sounds like you need softer springs to me.  Turning down the dampers wont really help much at all, it's the rate of the spring that has the vast majority of effect on compression, the damper then controls the rebound of the spring.  I'm not sure what the rate of the springs you have now (I didn't know koni made springs to be honest!) but perhaps a set  of Eibachs might be good, they are generally known for making springs that aren't that far off standard.  Konis & Eibachs are a fairly well tested combination for those who don't want their teeth rattling out of their heads :)

That's about the limit of my knowledge on those audi calipers I'm afraid, I have seen a fair bit of info on them on the clubpolo forum, also the vauxhall ones too.  I don't know if you can use audi carriers and some other caliper though.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:21 pm »
Sams got the lot including discs and pads for the brakes dude, unless they've been sold! Golf Gti calipers (mk2) I'm lead to believe.

I have the calibra vauxhall ones on mine. Bolt on jobbo! Wish I'd measured the piston diameter though before they went on to compare em to the audi ones of Sams

Offline DaBigGinger

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 09:47:26 pm »
Ah, I thought the shocks had a bit to do with this as well. The Koni setup came as a kit. You never know, maybe someone else made the springs for them? I'll check out the Eibach's.

As for the brakes, I've seen the thread you're talking about on the Club Polo forum, so I see what's involved now. Etches, I was just curious about what made up all of the bits of the kit :) I've dropped Sam a message now.

Thanks!