Author Topic: 2015 Ford Mustang  (Read 2022 times)

Offline DaBigGinger

• Members
2015 Ford Mustang
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:47:22 am »
What are people's thoughts on these? Personally, I can't wait for these to arrive in the UK. I can't wait until the second hand values come down enough for them to be sensible money. I've driven quite a few of the previous models and always thought of them as a big comfy armchair for long distance journey's, but having tried the new one (V6) out in the US a few days ago, it really does feel very different.

The engine feels much more eager than previous versions and the triptronic gearbox is fantastic. It changes almost seamlessly and without hesitation. The handling is much more confidence inspiring. Whilst not a Lotus Elise, it feels much more like a (big) sports car than the big armchair of previous versions. Whilst I didn't try it with the traction control off, it didn't appear to do much with it on. Most of the time I was driving it was in the wet - the rear wheels spun up very easily if you weren't gentle with the throttle.

That being said, it certainly feels much more like a car that you can jump in and drive than taking a bit of time getting used to it. Although it is a reasonably big car, it feels much smaller than it is when you're driving it. It feels nice and solid - the interior isn't quite up to that of new VW's, but it's not a bad place to be.

As for the looks, it really looks fantastic. I prefer the front of the previous version, but the newer one might grow on me. As for the back - it really is very pretty and looks great from all other angles.