Author Topic: G40 Shell  (Read 5402 times)

Offline markg40T

• Members
G40 Shell
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:04:43 pm »
What would be the going rate on a rolling tornado red g40 shell no sun roof with no rust what so ever on the shell, still original battery tray.

cheer s

Mark

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: G40 Shell
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 02:00:32 pm »
you'll probably be lucky to find someone who will take it off your hands for free.  It's essentially worthless unless the right person just so happens to be looking for a shell at the same time.

Although if it really doesn't have any rust at all (surely it must have some, somewhere on it!) then it might be a different story.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:22:08 pm »
There's someone on here who is or was selling a red shell with a few extra bits still in it, think it was priced at £600? Unsure of condition.

Someone else was or is selling a black shell with a crease in it, they wanted £250 ono, think that was also G40. Looked tidy with the exception of the crease.

I paid (I think) £600 for a good condition (I'd say about 7/10) non sunroof black shell, non G40 spec. It came with some shiny bits though and I've been looking for a non sunroof black coupe for >1yr so when I saw it, got a good deal and am happy with what I paid.

There seems to be a few red and crapi green shells around at the mo. Try taking a look on club polo, ebay and pistonheads. Also gumtree and google to see what others are selling at.

Bear in mind though, just because they're priced at that, doesn't mean they'll sell at that!

I don't think red shells are in demand in all honesty! Seems to be the most common colour from what I've seen.

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 03:13:06 pm »
I was the guy with the black G40 shell. Still got it, the distance and hassle for someone to take it away seemed to put people off.
So I may actually end up scrapping it, something I don't want to do but can't be helped.

So if it is a really clean shell like you say and you are close to someone who wants a genuine G40 shell then you may sell it. Otherwise you may find it hard.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 04:31:22 pm »
^ which is what seems to end up happening to most shells I see advertised on here. 

Unless you are very lucky and there happens to be someone looking for a shell at the time.  Plus people don't seem willing to travel for them in general

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 07:26:21 pm »
Whats the condition of the shell?, milage? PM me some photos and information as I could be interested for sure.

Dr. Q

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 12:05:23 am »
scrap it, make the good ones left worth more.

also feel bad for taking the engine out and not fixing it, FEEL BAD

Offline pettsy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:22:29 pm »
also interested in pics/details if its a clean genuine shell. Got a full conversion kit here i'd like to put back in a decent shell.

Offline markg40T

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:37:28 pm »
Will get some pics together. It is just the shell with all panels. Will need a 're spray hence the strip down. Mainly due to the previouse owner polishing the paint away. Will come with all glass. And some of the interior as I never had the original interior when I bought the car. The engine that was in the car was not the original and was also turboed.

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »
I've had the horn for a Red G for years, mine is black, is a shoddy shell and I was planning to re-shell it and get it painted. I'd be super interested in some more information / photos.

Cheers.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:13 pm »
For anyone interested, I used a transport service to collect my car, rugby to Worcester 60miles or so) cost me £62. Just search car transport sites, there's a few out there, state the job and people email you delivery quotes.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »
For anyone interested, I used a transport service to collect my car, rugby to Worcester 60miles or so) cost me £62. Just search car transport sites, there's a few out there, state the job and people email you delivery quotes.

you buy Rich's grey g40 shell?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 11:51:29 am »

you buy Rich's grey g40 shell?

No, I bought his black one he was going to rehouse all the stuff from his grey one in.