Author Topic: Toothed pulleys - PSD Phase1 or 2  (Read 4952 times)

Offline stu g4T

• Members
    • Edition38
Toothed pulleys - PSD Phase1 or 2
« on: March 17, 2015, 04:35:26 pm »
Hi,

I have got 2 sets of PSD toothed pulleys.
One is Phase1 and the other Phase2 I believe.

What are the differences between the two phases so I can tell and which are generally the better to use?
I seem to remember it is something to do with the guide plates.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Toothed pulleys - PSD Phase1 or 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »
Phase one have guides on alt and charger pullies and are generally hard as nails. Phase two only have guides on the alternator pulley and the charger pulley is wider.

Both sets are alloy.

Pete

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:50:57 pm »
Then there's the "PSD toothed pulley kit" from someone that was selling them on eBay, seem to remember a few people on here bought them and were less than impressed. They weren't actually PSD ones as it turns out, so watch you don't have a set of the fake'uns! Can't remember why, think they were misaligned or similar?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »
i think it was the metal treatment that made them sub standard. they just wore out as the alloy was soft.

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 05:58:34 pm »
I put a lot of time into getting some more made up a few years ago. Pace Produts did phase1s, they were grey, these were the bomb, they weren't interested in doing some more.)

So, I got in contact with the guys who did the Phase 2s, which are black. At the time I was in contact with Darran at G-Werks who told me about them (they had G60 ones done). He said they needed to be hard anodized or they would wear. The guys who made them said the opposite, said they needed to be soft anodized but use a harder alloy or they would wear. (the hard alloy wouldn't take hard anodizing)

So thats where I got stuck, I didn't know which way to go. I wasn't interested in working to get a shoddy product that would wear out together.

What we need is to make some with an alloy body, then steel teeth, they would be a lot lighter than full steel, but they would be a "lifetime" product unlike alloy ones.

Offline BenG40 gmoNeY

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:46 am »
Hello peeps I just looked at this topic and it got me thinking
Have I brought fake ones their steel without the guides supposed PSD?