Author Topic: How do you adjust wheel alignment?  (Read 2468 times)

Offline AdzCM

• Members
How do you adjust wheel alignment?
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:40 pm »
Probably a bit of a dumb question but, how do you do fine adjustments to the alignment of the passenger wheel?

Since fitting new bigger/ wider wheels, when my driver wheels was straight, my passenger one was pointing as if I was turning left. So when I drove and let off the accelerator, the car would jump. When I put my foot down again, it would jump the other way, then jump back when I let off the accelerator, and so on.

So I took off the passenger wheel and gave the track rod end a few turns to bring the wheels in a bit. Its now a lot better, but still needs adjustment. I could get it tracked but want to do it good enough for the time being.

So how to you adjust the inner bit? Do you grip the track rod and loosen the nut? Then what? Surely you need to loosen the nut at the track rod. Its confusing me because is not simple like a modern golf for example, where you loosen the track rod end nut and adjust using the inner track rod.

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
Re: How do you adjust wheel alignment?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:28:38 pm »
Loosen the lock nuts on both the trackrod end side and the steering rack side. Then just turn the tube joining the two.
The end at the steering rack side is a reverse thread allowing you to do this.

Offline AdzCM

• Members
Re: How do you adjust wheel alignment?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »
Ahhh, I was thinking it had to be a reverse thread for it to make any sense.

Thank you buddy :) appreciate it.

Adrian