Author Topic: Going to gaydon heritage motor centre  (Read 2996 times)

Offline dan182

• Members
Going to gaydon heritage motor centre
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:48:50 pm »
Hi everyone im going to cadbury world for my girl friends birthday as part of the deal she found there is a heritage motor centre near there anyone ever been?

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
Re: Going to gaydon heritage motor centre
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:44 pm »
I've been twice, all depends on the display whether you'll enjoy it.

Defiantly worth the visit if you're near by though!

Has the fastest diesel car there I think? or it did.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:56:12 pm »
Don't attempt to get there (Gaydon) before 9am. You'll likely spend an hour trying to get the final 2 miles. I work next to it at JLR. Nightmare in the morning! Only been in there for a meeting, not looked at the exhibits but probably worth a look if you're nearby!

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:10:18 pm »
If you're trying to get off Jct12 M40 southbound after about 08:10 in the morning it's okay. The queue normally starts on the hard shoulder from 06:25, but is gone within a couple of hours. Coming up from the south you won't have much of an issue getting off the M40, you'll just have to queue the last mile to get into Gaydon.

The local council and Highways Agency are doing M40 junction improvements and local road tweaks to help traffic to flow into JLR & Aston Martin in the mornings, but in the meantime they've fucked it all up with the roadworks.

Weekends are fine BTW!

Didn't realise you were at JLR now Graeme - what you up to there?

Offline dan182

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:26:38 pm »
Thanks everyone think we are going on the sunday

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:01:12 pm »
Yeah, finally made it here! Haha, "PAT support engineer" (Product Attribute Team) so I tend to anything and everything surrounding testing entire cars (ordering parts, liasing with individual component owners, picking parts/ vehicles up/ dropping them off) quite varied, really enjoy it too. Still looking to get into test driving of some description (despite everyone telling me its boring repeating the same thing over and over as identically as possible, it suits my personality I think! :/ ). Who is it you work for again? Tata?