Author Topic: 6n2 gti parts  (Read 5025 times)

Offline beatboxG40

• Members
  • lader baby
6n2 gti parts
« on: December 14, 2014, 04:35:35 pm »
Hey chaps, So I've broken my winter run around.... 5th gear has decided to strip itself (ETG Box Code). Do you guys know of any good gearbox websites to visit in my quest to repair this god awefull gear box.
Many thanks.
Andy.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: 6n2 gti parts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:22:01 pm »
are you after someone to rebuild it for you or a website with a how-to guide to do it yourself?  If the former, where abouts are you?

Offline beatboxG40

• Members
  • lader baby
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:39:05 am »
Thanks for the reply haysee, I've had it apart and identified the parts needed, i feel i could be up for the challenge. I'm just finding it hard to locate the parts and need a little direction on where to look. It seems that whenever i type in the parts I'm looking for on the standard internet search engines it comes up with ebay and no one on there is selling the 5th gears only. thanks

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:42:21 am »
I'm not sure what an ETG box is but you wont find parts for a G40 box online aside from stuff like bearings.  You could try VW themselves (ring them up) or VW Heritage. But be prepared to pay £150+ for a 5th gear set. 

Trying to find a 2nd hand box either on here, clubpolo, ebay or german ebay or some other forum is your best bet.

Offline beatboxG40

• Members
  • lader baby
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:41 pm »
Thanks buddy. I've been keeping my eye out for boxes being parted. I've been told by many sources that I'm going to have to open the wallet wide to repair this box.
can't wait to get back into my 40 when the good weather returns.
6n2 gti isn't a car i would recommend lol.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 09:59:48 am »
sorry, I thought you were on about a g40 gearbox for some reason (I clearly didn't read the title of the post properly!).

But still, what I said applies.  You can try VW but it'll be ££££££, I'd still give them a call to find out.  2nd hand is best bet but as I think you already know, those gearboxes commonly fail so finding a 2nd hand one might be difficult.  Is there a similar one you can fit such as from an AFH engine 6n perhaps?