Author Topic: Something different that you guys can help me with  (Read 11551 times)

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: Something different that you guys can help me with
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 03:20:33 pm »
I'm not convinced that the Kris Hughes guy ever got his 1043cc Eaton working properly. Everytime I saw photos or heard of it running it seemed to be with the Eaton spinning, but the engine still naturally aspirated. Would be interested to hear if he actually got it running properly in the end.

Offline Pepe

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 06:42:42 pm »
its weird that hed do that isnt it? it seems fairly nippy for a 1.0 on the youtube vids but obviously you cant tell speed very well

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 06:45:37 pm »
You could use a blow off valve instead of a mechanical bypass. It will work pretty much the same way if not better as they close sooner and faster than a mechanical would. You could get one cheap from a 1.8T engine as they are not too loud or chirpy. Also if you want to recirculate your fumes just connect them to the inlet of the charger although they will lean your mixture a bit. As for the carb I didn't exactly understand what your fueling problems are. I imagine with the r5 carb all that would be needed is a pressure regulator.

Offline Pepe

• Members
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 07:26:44 pm »
i did think of that but wasnt sure it would work without using the vacuum port on it, i thought about plumbing it in to the piston side of a bov with a spring rated to the correct pressure, then when it exceeded that pressure it would exhaust through the normal inlet side in a sort of back to front manner, when you say it will lean the mixture, how will it make the mixture to lean?

sorry by fuelling i meant tuning, high idle speed etc due to this bypass valve stuff

just researched r5 carb and it looks like i can use the dizzy vac lines to open the bov happy days!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:14:25 pm by Pepe »

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 10:48:40 pm »
Not "too lean", just a bit leaner! You are burning fumes along with the gas/air mixture. If the engine can suck X amount of gas and air per revolution, a percentage of that X is fumes, thus less gas/air mixture, that is what I mean with leaner mixture. I am just saying you can probably get a cleaner mixture by venting them to the air via a filtered collector tank and be done with it.

Offline Pepe

• Members
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 12:13:27 am »
ahh you mean recirculating from the oil breather i understand now i thought you were talking purely air fuel ratio, i will keep my eyes peeled for a bov with a 6/7 psi spring or bypass valve depending on what turns up first and give that a whirl

Offline Pepe

• Members
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:48 pm »
anyone know how much air the g40 charger flows per revolution? cannot find out?

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 04:17:23 pm »
566cm³ per revolution. Rated speed is 10,350rpm.

Offline Pepe

• Members
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »
Brilliant thanks, What's the pulley ratio. And if anyone knows the ratios of the smaller pulleys that would be great also
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:40:05 pm by Pepe »

Offline Pepe

• Members
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 12:31:47 pm »
Still looking for some standard g40 crank and alternator pulleys!