Author Topic: Bias pedal boxes, help needed  (Read 2505 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
Bias pedal boxes, help needed
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:48:43 am »
Ok so i am absolutely sick to death with the abysmal polo pedal boxes, ive cracked 3 now!!!!! and snapped 5 cables!!! its beyond a joke!

two of those pedal boxes have cracked when ive really needed the car to work! like now in wales with a cracked box, ive got two spare cables but its so heavy its only a matter of time before they snap

when i did the pedal box, i sourced a mint low mileage one from a 1 litre that hadnt been abused, greased it all up, changed the clutch for a standard new luk one and greased all the pivot arm up etc, but despite all this its still cracked!!!

so im going to be getting rid of it all as soon as i get home as im bloody fuming!!!

looking at pedal boxes, what have other people used, theres a guy on here that used an over hang one and looks good. but i like the floor mounted ones, but you cant really do that on the polo as the floor goes up at a steep angle and im not moving the seat back (dont like being far back as a post obscures view)

the tilton series look good, as do the obp universal ones

theres bulk head mounted too! i will be making some heavy duty bracing to make sure it doesnt budge, but could people post how they have mounted theirs up to give me and idea and start thinking

any advice or anything would be bang on, there doesnt seem to be a great deal of people doing this so is a bit new

many thanks guys
Taylor

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Re: Bias pedal boxes, help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 10:05:53 am »
What I would like to do come winter is ideally plate the bulkhead and mount the cylinders through there with remote reservoirs in the battery tray. It's guna take some work to get it right though as like you've said panel angles and space arnt ideal

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:19:20 pm »
Are you sure your clutch lever isn't slightly seezed?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:19:00 pm »
the problem with the pedal box is the poor design. if you want to avoid any further issues with the canle breaking- make a bracket from the clutch pedal pivot to the steering rack, cured the flexing on mine until i converted to hydraulic