Author Topic: suspension spring changing.  (Read 3345 times)

Offline vikash

• Members
suspension spring changing.
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:51:48 pm »
Hi all,

I have a g40 which is lowered 60mm on a damper and spring kit. As the area I am in has way too many speed bumps and pot holes, is it possible to fit 40mm springs to the same dampers?

thank you.

Offline Gary

• Members
  • just one last thing....
Re: suspension spring changing.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 10:56:36 am »
Yes you should be able to change to 40mm springs on your uprated dampers. What kind of suspension kit is currently on the car?

Offline vikash

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:44:07 pm »
I have got a 60/40fk suspension kit on the car. Very good but a lot of the areas i go to have humps..

Or would it be better to buy coil overs? I would also prefer a bit softer ride but i guess it is hard due to lowness?

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:05:56 am »
Coilovers are very expensive for the mk1-3 Polo's. Prices start at around £550 and the recommended Gaz or H&R ones are nearer £650 IIRC. Phil on here will be able to give you latest prices.
IMO coilovers on a road use only car are a waste of time. However, if you're actually gonna adjust them to suit different race circuits/motorsport venues they are ideal. At the end of the day, coilovers are just springs and dampers only made very expensive due to the fact of the integral hub/front strut design.
You can buy adjustable Koni dampers which are apparently superb along with a set of Eibach 40mm lowered springs give an excellent ride and handling compromise.
Your best bet is to PM Phil, he can sort you out with virtually anything suspension wise at very good prices.

Offline vikash

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 04:02:17 pm »
Thank you for the advice, I have bought a few things from phil before and really good value. Bought a suspension kit for my polo gt.. (good value but very firm ride)

will speak to Phil and buy in the new year.