Author Topic: which clutch kit will fit GT (3F)  (Read 2008 times)

Offline performance-vw

• Members
which clutch kit will fit GT (3F)
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:41:53 pm »
Hi

Recently I bought a GT coupe with perished clutch/release bearing and i am in the process of changing it. Engine code is 3F and gearbox code is AHD.

I am on a budget so not looking to spend too much and a cheap kit would do me fine for time being ;D

Would like to know if 1.3 AAV (190mm) will fit and work on a GT (190mm) flywheel. If not what other options do I have. I am not looking for G40 or 1.4 16v clutch kit like I said I am on a budget. If AAV or the like fits GT then can someone please confirm?

I have been to VW and euro car parts and they dont do the kit anymore. GSF has a 200mm and is bit out of my budget.

Advice please.

Cheers

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: which clutch kit will fit GT (3F)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:05:59 am »
I think the clutch on a GT is identical to that on normal mk3 polos (AAV and so on).  G40 one fits and is slightly bigger.  So you can use either really.

Offline performance-vw

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 11:21:43 am »
thanks man

I have just come from euro car parts and bought a kit that says it fits mk2/3 golf and polo 1.0 and 1.3. The kit box says 200mm but when i opened it all and measured it, looks to be 190mm which I initially wanted. Already tested the pressure plate on flywheel and fits perfect. thats £46.74 spent.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 04:53:58 pm »
yep the small block clutches of around that age are all basically the same and interchangable