Author Topic: Pictures of yours Superchargers  (Read 5123 times)

Offline il_d0tt0re

• Members
Pictures of yours Superchargers
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:53:11 pm »
I guys now i'm here on this part of forum to know a little more of what you doing on yours superchargers...
Where in Portugal They gave many names for little things you Have the Rs preparation and Rs2 like everywhere and have the Rs3 who sincerly i don't understand very well the diference for the "international" RS2...
I'm a little curious about the Famous Full Blend made By Pitstop i have a few pictures of them but i would like to have yours opinion about this modification and more pictures if you want. i will put a picture of exhaust side of my G60 that now im my G40 van  8)

and this one it's a picture of the "Famous RS3" here in Portugal"

[img=http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1766/img3973ju5.th.jpg]

Many Grettings From Portugal
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:00:28 pm by il_d0tt0re »

Offline polo classic

• Members
Re: Pictures of yours Superchargers
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:46:00 am »
The RS2 porting is really something to stay away from. None of the big rebuilders in Germany use the modification anymore due to the amount of charges that has blown up due to the flex induced by removing the 3 fins in the outlet. Myself, I also acheive more boost with a 6 fin charger than a 3 fin charger. My personal best so far is a G60 charger that put out 1 bar boost on the standard pulley and 1,6 bar on the 68mm pulley

Offline il_d0tt0re

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:56:18 pm »
yah my opinion to and because of having this opinion i have bought another exhaust side of G60 to do a full blend on it  ;D

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:07:01 pm »
pics of my full blend in bearings and seals post for you il-dottore

Offline il_d0tt0re

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 02:20:51 pm »
tks friedberger  ;) now a question...I never had tried the full blend because here in Portugal there is only 2 or 3 superchargers with the full blend normaly they do the RS2 (here in Portugal they Call RS3), so what it's the diference between the Rs2 and the full blend??? on driving for example... :D i'm doing a full blend now on one of my G40 supercharger because i had a G60 in the car  ;D

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 03:07:27 pm »
I can`t really answer that 1 fella as i don`t really have the knowledge of them.
I`ve seen pics of full blend before and they do look like mine + PeteG40 on here
saw mine in the flesh and he confirmed this theory.
I think there is probably a few idea`s of full blend depending where it is done.
There seems to be varying quality in degree`s of workmanship.
some are very well finished with nice polishing and others are rough as fuck.
If i were responsable for mine, it would not look like that in my pics as you can
clearly see the Die-Grinder marks wich in parts look like they got carried away
with themselves.
But then, if i had the money spare then i`d have had 1 of those new chargers
recently advertised on here and ebay because then if i decided to do it i could
ensure quality porting.

I suggest that you talk to others on here like pete, hayesay, as they are truly
knowledgable in this department.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 04:04:11 pm »
with regards to porting chargers.. the rough marks, if polished off dont really add that much more to more hp but do add to time and therefore cost, hence some porting looking a little bit unfinished.

Offline il_d0tt0re

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 02:24:34 pm »
so peteg40 you think polish the inside of charger doesn't make a lot of diference to a non polish charger??? what do you think about a full blend charger???the advantages of the full blend???

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 02:35:53 pm »
full blends are really the most porting you can get.  The only issue with them i'd forsee is some are ported so that the outlet of the charger is bigger than  the inlet the outlet dome - making air turbulant and having no benefit other than the ports looking huge. Bigger isn't necessarily better - so i've been told ;D