Author Topic: Gaz coilover specifications  (Read 2456 times)

Offline josé

• Members
Gaz coilover specifications
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:30:43 pm »
Hello all,

I have a set of spare struts lying around in the garage and would like to send them off to GAZ for some coilovers to be made,
I know a few people have GAZ coilovers now and would like some ideas/info of what to spec when I order some, such as spring lengths, rates, shock lengths and piston travel if the latter has been specced, I'm not fussed about ride comfort I only do around 3k road miles if that, I would like to use the car more for track days eventually when I get the time to actually go :),

I have a PPP stage 3 subframe and I believe the car to be lowered by roughly 60mm Ideally I would like to keep this height (for aesthetics only but I'm willing to compromise this).

Any help/info is appreciated,

Thanks
Josh

Offline Tav

• Members
Re: Gaz coilover specifications
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:20:45 am »
I'll dig out my invoice for you, it has spring rates and lengths on it I am sure.  I still have the ARB though so prob. need to add extra poundage on the front.  I've not worked out what spring rates and theoretically right yet...on my to do list.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:14:31 am »
I changed the amount of travel on mine as standard they don't come with a lot and I intend on using mine on British roads think I went 275lb on the front and 180lb on the back feels pretty good to me.

Offline Tav

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 10:45:24 am »
7" X 275LB X 2.25"

165lb x 12" x 2.25"

Then I plan to up the rears as required.