Author Topic: VWI and VWII brake pads  (Read 9215 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: VWI and VWII brake pads
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 01:01:59 pm »
You will probably be ok taking a few mm off the pads (material side), but mask sure you have a mask on and in a well ventilated area as the dust isn't good for your health.

I've done it before my smashing the calipers on with a rubber mallet and just driving the car till the pads wore down against the disc. Was entertaining changing gear, as by the time you'd changed gear, you had slowed down that much that you needed to change gear again. All good after a few miles

Dude...  :o

£50 Budget:

Pagid pads £23
Pagid Discs £21/ea

Total less the 25% Club Polo discount from Euro Car Prats is £48.75.

Use the rest of the cash to replace the fluid (RBF600 stuff is good) and £12 a bottle on eBay.

No point in scrimping on brakes.  :-*

Pete

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »
Haha! You know I'm PikeyTech through and through.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the 2ft of snow that fell outside my unit during the time I was fitting them.

ECP discount is spot-on, although check carparts4less, because they may do it cheaper, without a discount applied

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 10:04:38 am »
You will probably be ok taking a few mm off the pads (material side), but mask sure you have a mask on and in a well ventilated area as the dust isn't good for your health.

I've done it before my smashing the calipers on with a rubber mallet and just driving the car till the pads wore down against the disc. Was entertaining changing gear, as by the time you'd changed gear, you had slowed down that much that you needed to change gear again. All good after a few miles

Dude...  :o

£50 Budget:

Pagid pads £23
Pagid Discs £21/ea

Total less the 25% Club Polo discount from Euro Car Prats is £48.75.

Use the rest of the cash to replace the fluid (RBF600 stuff is good) and £12 a bottle on eBay.

No point in scrimping on brakes.  :-*

Pete

Bargain, forgot about Pagids. Will go down that route next time!

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 12:30:30 am »
They are VWI. Will fit either way round on the caliper, are symmetrical. What difference this makes I don't know.