Author Topic: Fuel fumes venting into interior  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Members
  • Back on the road
Fuel fumes venting into interior
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:24:18 pm »
Hi, have just re-built the G, two 'minor' probs left, one is getting he heater blower working again, I have raised a thread in Electrickery - the other is when we open the windows (have to as the heater fan blower is not working) the interior quickly fills with fuel fumes! So guessing this is being dragged in as interior air is dragged out of the open window. We have checked the connections to the new tank under the rear seat and now think its to do with the vent pipes that connect to the filler neck.

As ever any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks
James

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
Re: Fuel fumes venting into interior
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »
Hey I changed my fuel tank not to long ago and have not connected the breather pipe with the little filter that comes off the filler neck i don't have the breather that goes under the body and up in to the engine bay because I think one goes to the charcoal canester I sometimes get the smell of Fuel after a good hard ragg around lol check your fuel line to the injectors and the seals o rings , hope this helps

Ben

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Fuel fumes venting into interior
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 09:12:39 am »
have you got the oil breather venting to air?  The fumes from that can smell a bit fuelly.