Author Topic: 1w bottom end?!  (Read 3771 times)

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
  • I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE ;)
1w bottom end?!
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:17:05 pm »
riiggghhttt

as some of you have probably seen theres a 1w bottom end for sale on here,

what i want to know is, what other parts will i have to get it going on my exsiting setup, got a fully functional g40 with lysholm charger,

only setup ive seen was with a standard glader and got about 165bhp with 7 psi boost, mines running 22 psi so should see some sick figures, plus its already bored with pistons at 1500cc so extra .2 cc, surley gotta be some power gains?

any advice, links, help would be amazing as i was looking at boring my bottom end but if i can get 1500cc would be better?

thanks

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: 1w bottom end?!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:03:29 pm »
22 psi from that lysholm is badman!!!

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:29 pm »
crazy aint it!

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »
you need:

-rods (g40 or K1 for example)
-custom pistons ( I bought custom 77mm 8,5:1 JE pistons)
-injectors (308/315cc)
-modify head for diesel head bolts
-modify block for knock sensor
-custom chip or other suitable engine managment

I would also say a big valve head and a cam is needed. You want flow, not boost.

High boost is only an indicator that your engine cant flow enough. High boost does not impress me :p

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:03:40 pm »
Lol, there's a thread about this somewhere,  the problem with the 1w is its too big for the head and intake, you need some very large porting and a big vvalve head, there's a guy on here who offset his valve guides to get bigger than big valves to fit
You also need a much larger manifold, the gt one is too small at the throttle body, a g60 or larger throttle size is needed, as for boost, o appreciate it's all about flow, but even 22psi isn't going to be maximising the potential of a 1w, to push it you need to go turbo, and something bigger than a ko3, probably something similar size to yoofs turbo
This is from what I've learnt, read/ been told buy knowledgeable people
Taylor

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:13:50 pm »
Screw that idea then haha!

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 05:35:52 pm »
Lol, there's a thread about this somewhere,  the problem with the 1w is its too big for the head and intake, you need some very large porting and a big vvalve head, there's a guy on here who offset his valve guides to get bigger than big valves to fit

You also need a much larger manifold, the gt one is too small at the throttle body, a g60 or larger throttle size is needed, as for boost, o appreciate it's all about flow, but even 22psi isn't going to be maximising the potential of a 1w, to push it you need to go turbo, and something bigger than a ko3, probably something similar size to yoofs turbo
This is from what I've learnt, read/ been told buy knowledgeable people
Taylor

I do not think a much larger manifold is a must, but it would be nice

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »
It is, the throttle port is a restriction, unless you get a custom adapter to mount a larger throttle body and use the entirety of the opening, otherwise your limit is 51mm

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 12:26:07 pm »
One of the Portuguese guys runs a g60 throttle body.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
its my spare 1w thats for sale.

I'm sure I was told that Nick's 1W was running 190bhp @7psi on a G40 blower.  He will correct me if I'm mistaken however he has now gone G60 route so bhp will be pushing on a lot.

I will be going turbo route on mine.....

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47:46 pm »
here's the link to the original 1W build thread.

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=63830&page=2

There were a couple of other 1W conversions on the forums however I believe one of the stumbling blocks was the 1W uses 11mm headbolts compared to the 10mm PY ones.  ultimately using the 11mm bolts without making the holes bigger on the PY head caused the heads to crack due to expansion when hot, hence why you have to have the G40 head holes made slightly larger to accept the 11mm bolts.

PS did I read correct that your PY bottom end is bored to 1500cc or are you referring to Nick's 1W? ???

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:48:01 am by benh999 »