Poll

G40 eaton specs

Polo eatin
0 (0%)
Polo eaton
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Polo g40 eaton need help !!  (Read 5031 times)

Offline John-125

• Members
Polo g40 eaton need help !!
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:24 pm »
Just brought and polo g40 engine after having a gt for a while
I wanna run and eaton m45 not worryed about making brackets
Want around 180bhp
Just wanna know what specs people are running

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: Polo g40 eaton need help !!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:57:08 pm »

Whats it got at the mo?

Offline John-125

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:34 pm »
Just lightened flywheel and bigger throttal body all standed other then that

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:20:26 pm »
Not thought of turbo?

To get 180bhp (i dont know if its been done with eaton, sure comeone can confirm) you will need to spend a lot of money.

1341cc bottom end, big valve head, cam just to mention a few.

Offline John-125

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »
Didn't really wanna go down the turbo root I think it's just easy power and have the fallen I live with the eaton noise
Have spent massive amount on this car so a little more won't Hert haha
Was thinking 1341cc and big valve head you know anyOne that does head work ?

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »
I wouldn't say turbo is "easy power" there's a serious amount of work involved. not just as simple as bolting a turbo on and ta da! you have 200 ponies

even with a big valve head and 1341 i doubt you would see the sunny side off 170bhp, ive still yet to see an eaton make serious power, to be honest ive seen gladers with the same mods as eatons produce more power
eaton chargers are too inefficient.
when i first got my g40 i was set on bolting an eaton on, but after some research it didnt seem worth it. there isnt enough R&D into them
the noise is awesome
if you want eaton noise and serious power, have you looked into a lysholm? theres a guy on here who wants rid of his (was gonna swap my glader for it plus cash his way)
they produce that insane noise and are much more efficient. produce something crazy like 2 bar of boost
jezza knows more
but thats just what ive read into
Taylor

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »
John, buy sams lysholm charger in the topic lysholm charger. Will make better power.

1341cc bottom end would be good but if you dont do it yourself a full rebuild will be around £1000 including wossner forged pistons. TSR sell them at a good price.

As for headwork, where you located? Themanintheshed is the man to use. He does a lot of head work for lots of companies and knows his stuff better than anyone. My head was done by him, not big valves, and a few other guys off here have used him. A ported and polished head is around the £500 mark, big valves is quite a bit extra. I never got big valves and my full engine rebuild done by TSR was just over £1500 incl vat.

Cam would be ideal as well, £250 for schrick, G60 injectors £100?, Gt inlet £40?, 51mm throttle body £100+ exhausts system/manifold any price really but in the last group buy PPP full system and manifold were £800? Re-map - £300. Might need a good clutch as well and there around £300 at a guess.

Thats over 3k and then you got to buy the charger, bracket, pulleys, extra pipework, intercooler. If you want bigger valves probably extra £150-£200

Also you would want bigger brakes for the power, and a subframe would be a good idea.

Would make some money back buy selling charger and that though.

I'd of gone turbo if mine weren't an original G40.

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 01:41:33 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoSiGv4ad1Y

This guy was supposingly making 176hp with some shitty cam! Supposingly on the original cam he was making more than 180! I don't think its gonna be that hard to make close to 180 hp! But I also think u can get close to that hp but not over it with a standar engine! I suggest you start with the standar mods (gt inlet and full exhaust) and see if the horsepower pleases you! Cause to be honest more than 180hp is not a daily polo! The only troubling matter I came across with my eatoned g40 is that it goes over 1bar of boost and the ECU can only read up to 1 bar!