Author Topic: G40 conversion! Nicely modded.  (Read 3385 times)

Offline G40jamie

• Members
  • Loving the G40
G40 conversion! Nicely modded.
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:15:52 pm »
This is my pride and joy which i have owned for over 2 years now. A lot has changed to this car and basically the only thing left is the shell! The car started life as a Polo FOX coupe genesis, i have been told these FOX models in this colour Tornado Red are actually quite rare, 22 on the road or something silly like that. The old owner had a GT conversion done to this car before i bought it, all was well until in my possession the gearbox blew up, so due to that i thought id go mad and do a G40 supercharged conversion. If i round up all i have spent on the car i'm looking at around £3500-£4000!! The slightly tuned G40 engine cost me £1500 alone. The engine was rebuilt before i bought it and has covered around 70,000 miles. The supercharger doesn't need to be reconditioned for another 30,000 miles. Were guessing the car is pushing around 150bhp, but weighs no more than 800kg so does shift! sticks with EP3 civic type r's!

ENGINE:
The Supercharger has been ported (Stage 2)
Supercharger blanking plate
65mm supercharger pulley
Was told the engine has been cammed
Full decat 2 1/4" free flowing exhaust
4-2-1 manifold (Heat Wrapped)
Toyo sports front mount intercooler
Green cotton air filter
Magnacor HT leads
BRAND NEW coil pack
BRAND NEW Distributor
Oil catch tank made out of a large RED BULL can
Serviced around 200 miles ago

SUSPENSION:
FK high tech coilovers
front upper strut brace
Front lower strut brace
Brand new top mounts

BRAKES:
Polo G40 calipers
Black Diamond grooved disks
Braided brake lines

INTERIOR:
Stripped out rear interior
No carpets
Half the dash taken out
MONO course Racing steering wheel
Tim Turbo boost gauge
I still have the rear seats and carpet and bits of dash, i just liked the stripped out look

EXTERIOR:
Body work has seen better days with the odd dent, lacquer peel and rust, the car its self is actually really clean underneath, its just the surface, but being a 20 year old car it hasn't really bothered me.
De-badged front grill
Passenger side wing mirror flushed
Polo G40 rear badge
Rear VW badge painted Black

I do love this car to pieces, i've spent so much time and money on it but due to working further away now it just wont be practical enough.

Thanks for reading, if you got any questions or want anymore pictures just call Jamie on 07909 114145.