Author Topic: problems with toothed belt and worn shafts  (Read 2632 times)

Offline bobrosco

• Members
problems with toothed belt and worn shafts
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:45:13 pm »
Sorry if my english isn't that good. But you guys use the toothed belt kits a lot more then the people over here. So maybe some of you have seen this problem before and know the fix.
My pulley on the charger was loose again, its like the bolt wont clamp on to it and on the key thing thats in there it is wearing out too, but it seems like the key in there isn't tall enough to fill the gap in the pulley, and it has the same gap in the small pulley behind it.
here you can see how loose it is in there, i can just pull it out without removing the small pulley first

And this is how it looks, it has only been in there for 10.000km(6000miles?)

And i think there is a spacer gone, as you can see the pulley has touched the charger housing.
But the question is what do you guys recomend? Over here most say just throw away the toothed belt stuff and run serpentine belts or whatever you guys call it.

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: problems with toothed belt and worn shafts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:53:04 pm »
on my toothed pulleys ive got quite a wide spacer which makes a big difference. you havnt got one at all which probably isnt helping your problems, you can get them off max rpm or bar tek for really cheap, thats the one i have and mine are prefect
thanks Taylor

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: problems with toothed belt and worn shafts
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »
keyways you can get new